Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, I'm glad I'm not "most" of the fandom, haha.  I love character-driven things.  And some characters from that year I'd love to see some back.

I'm at the point now where Izzy just took the pregnancy test and it's a negative.  I love loving this arc so much.  This is what soaps should be about!

• Members

She is definitely a soap opera vixen that shakes up the canvas so well.  A not-so quick pop into the Square was just what was needed.  A true thorn in Susan's side, all while up to the same tricks.  But it wasn't as predictable as it could have been, and I love that.  A long-term stay would be such a wrong move.  Hoping she pops in during this new revival.

• Members

I started with 2012, just because. I am liking it mostly. It is a bit slow moving so far, but I really like the Kate character. Perhaps because I recognize Ashleigh Brewer from B&B. I know Ivy wasn't well-liked on Bold, but she was okay by me. Toadie is another character I like. I like his gal as well. Sonya, I think her name is. Rhys is really handsome. Kind of dull, but handsome. 

Chris is a fun character. I like his friendship with Summer. I recognize "Aidan" from The 100. Can anyone explain why Karl and Susan are separating?

• Members

Yes, Toadie's gal is Sonya. Love them together!! As for Ashleigh Brewer, I find Kate a bit more insufferable in comparison to Ivy. I don't know why. I think it's just how she comes across in her portrayal.

And the reason behind Karl & Susan's split is discussed down the line, but, in short, perJackie Woodburne in September of 2011: 

“This time there isn’t a younger woman involved which makes a nice change,” she explains. “It’s off the back of Susan’s involvement with ‘Jim Dolan’ who was the cancer patient that she got overly-attached to but who died.

“It’s all about empty-nest syndrome because the kids are all gone. Who is she if she’s not a mother and a carer? So it’s about her moving away to find out who she is as a single-person without people to look after.”

• Members

Thank you for posting that. I appreciate it. And now Rhys is getting interesting with the trying to get into the surgery program at any cost. I am getting quite invested in the show already. Toadie and Sonya are great!! I like Jade, but I did hear she isn't around for much longer.

• 4 weeks later...