Toups

Home and Away: Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

Surely the Australian soaps have more appeal than the British ones (bar EastEnders of course) :P

Emmerdale is a good show.

I tried a bit of Neighbours again a day or two ago and there was this annoying as hell song playing on the soundtrack over and over. If I want that I can watch American soaps. 

I mostly prefer the old H&A. Their more recent material does nothing for me. And so many people quit that there's nothing to invest in.

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I tried a bit of Neighbours again a day or two ago and there was this annoying as hell song playing on the soundtrack over and over. If I want that I can watch American soaps.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'd say Neighbours is far superior to the American soaps, I can't deal with the northern accents so I don't watch the northern soaps, I deffo agree with you about Home and Away, it's quite crap to be honest, it's beautifully shot though. If you can you should definitely get your hands on some old H&A.

That show needs to do more to try and get some characters/actors to stick around.

Shame not more posters on here like Neighbours as I'd be interested to hear your opinions on it, sorry I know I've said that before, if you don't like the show you don't like it, I have to accept it :P

Edited by Edward Skylover

1 hour ago, Edward Skylover said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I don't think anyone on here hates Neighbours, but the two or three main people who watched it don't post here anymore. I'm sorry if you feel alone as a result. 

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I don't think anyone on here hates Neighbours, but the two or three main people who watched it don't post here anymore. I'm sorry if you feel alone as a result. 

Not at all, I'm a regular on Neighbours forums but I find the opinions of the posters on here very interesting and different to those on other forums, but I'm content visiting the EE thread :D

1 minute ago, Edward Skylover said:

Not at all, I'm a regular on Neighbours forums but I find the opinions of the posters on here very interesting and different to those on other forums, but I'm content visiting the EE thread :D

I recently got some 1997-ish episodes I'm going to try to upload at some point. If you ever want the links let me know.

I struggled to care about Meg and Blake, mainly because she had Guest Character written all over her. That story consumed the show for months. I definitely prefer the 1993-1996 seasons over 1991-1992. 1991-1992 is still better than modern H&A though.

I have started a petition as the Home and Away: The Early Years repeat run has been taken off the air after 8 years. I thought I'd share this petition on here as you guys love soaps. Please sign if you can, I'd really appreciate the support. It's unlikely to work but at least us H&A fans will have tried! Many thanks in advance.

https://www.change.org/p/seven-network-make-channel-7two-bring-back-home-and-away-the-early-years/c/644056199

I recall back in the mid 90s when FX started..they showed Home and Away from 1988 for several months..and it did quite well.  I Loved Carly.. Roo was such a little schemer trying to keep her dad and future step mom from marrying..and trying to keep Frank wrapped around her finger.   And I loved that the core family was a married couple and their foster kids.