Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam Thomas was the best looking male of the night.

Michael Parr needs to burn that tie. I have a severe aversion to all things animal print. There is never an excuse.

Danny Miller's hair was something awful.

It was nice to see Nico Mirallegro, but he is much better suited to the shaved head he was sporting for awhile.

Also, why Kym Marsh? It tickles to think that she may have had some sort of run in with Charley Webb.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Bob.

Absolutely superb scenes today with Cain and Marlon. Shadrach was a character who stayed far too long and only really worked for me when he was close to Laurel and Ashley - there was more effective use of him today, long dead, than most of the time he was alive.

Jeff Hordley's a great actor because he doesn't just show up to work when he can play Cain's Greatest Hits. He's always willing to play the quieter, more nuanced moments too, which is why the character manages to evolve and still have an edge, even after spending the last 6 months saving widows and orphans.

Anyway, this casting news makes me wonder if BE's favorite is on the way back:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a645863/emmerdale-denise-black-to-return-as-joanie-wright.html

• Members

Makes sense, although I don't know who would give a pet turtle to Val, let alone a child. I hope they laugh her out of court.

I guess now we know why she said a few months ago that she had a nightmare about Kyle.

• Members

Charlotte Bellamy, thank you.

The directors of the other soaps desperately need to study Emmerdale, with all the shots they constantly give us of their men sprawled out like a prize. Thank you.

Kerry's reaction when Amelia told her she loved her was very touching. I am so, so happy that she's come so far. The girl that plays Amelia is a gem.

• Members

I love that (the men spread out that way).

I've only watched the first one so far but Charlotte is superb. Mark Charnock isn't bad either. And Jeff Hordley is great. I'm surprised at how much is focusing on his past and his child abuse, very surprised they brought Zak into it. I wonder if we're heading for a Cain meltdown.

• Members

Laurel...you're a HAWT mess...did she kill the dog offscreen by running the poor thing over with her car? So sad...

NBA leave my man ALONE. He don't want yah! Go back to Jamal!

Are Cain and Laurel's husband brothers? How are they related? I do like this caring side to Cain even though he's pretty unattractive.

Uhhh ohhh I'm terrified after Emma's accident that she's about to have that meltdown Carl keeps warning and warning about like a self fulfilling prophecy...DAMN IT.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

This may be me seeing things that aren't there, but I loved how Rhona's eyes lit up when Cain approached her, unable to hide her real life love for him. Like David and Debbie, it always fascinates me when they're allowed to interact with each other, though always very rare and brief.

• Members

Cain unattractive wacko.png You're lucky you didn't see him when he had that awful Cousin Itt hair.

Cain and Marlon are cousins. Marlon is from another branch of the Dingle family, with his father briefly appearing about 15 years ago, and his brother Eli being a regular from 2006-2010.

Charlotte Bellamy was so damn good in tonight's episodes, especially that last scene with Marlon. Saying "maybe this is a good thing" gave me chills. The mania and the loss of any life in her eyes was even worse. I really wish she was up for a panel award.

And BE, I hope you were as happy as I was at that brief Doug and Leyla scene. It was almost like the old days. I love that little group, with David and Alicia too.

Emma - that plot was tough to take seriously thanks to Chas' dancing, which cracked me up, as did her blase reaction to Emma's mugging, and the earlier scene with Finn trying to take Aaron's beer bottle in case he got upset again.

It's a shame they did such a terrible job casting and writing James - he sticks out so much in these types of moments.

Anyway, this was put up today:

Nick Miles looks so different.

• Members

Yes, Doug and Leyla. Lord knows I've went on about how much I love their relationship. When the plans didn't work out, it felt like a loss.

Regarding the Laurel scene as well, you always manage to bring up what I mean to when I watch, but somehow forget watching all the soaps in one sitting. Though that shouldn't be an excuse since I always leave Emmerdale (the best) for last.

Nick Miles mentioning he loved Treme. Good to know he was one of the 4 people who were watching with me. I do like Amy Walsh and think she is talented, but Tracy is such an empty character and with Walsh saying her contract is up in the summer, who exit during the big story seems imminent. If she does die, I wonder if it will just be to add to the numbers of if they'll make it mean something, somehow.