Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I have no idea why Vincent is on the show. He's frankly not attractive at all and his relationships with Phoebe and George just ring very inauthentic to me. I just don't get it....

I never noticed how big a presence Frazier has become to the show. Especially now that he's attached to so many characters on the show...T, Sandy & The Roscoes, Trevor, and Clare's sister (who's name eludes me at the moment).

I absolutely loathe Danny and since the writers have practically made JP a whore, he might as well start fooling around with Ste. Character can't get any lower in terms of quality for me. I say go for it (hot torrid affair under Danny's nose) and then pull out all the stops to get Craig back by Summer of 2104.

They dropped Darren being Sandy's son as quickly as they revealed it which is annoying. But perhaps they'll revisit that later. Mercedes needs to get over Dr. Death. Its beyond pathetic at this point. Yes it was hot while it lasted and I think they could have been perfect for each other but for the fact that he was a psychotic lunatic who tried to kill her mother and then attempted to kill HER. Girl please let it go.

I'm not sure how much more I can watch of Patrick slowly destroy Maxine....:(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think Guy Burnet will ever come back, and I kind of hope he doesn't.

Kirkwood consistently fails at any social issue stories, or any stories with depth, so they should just have Ste and JP have an affair. Ste's mouth would be too busy to sneer and whine, and JP's own stories are generally the same misery and "secret" again and again, with worse acting and writing every time.

• Members

This show is such a mess.

The Carmel story is terrible. It's the typical trash of female character discovers she can't (possibly) have kids, so randomly becomes obsessed with having one. I will give them credit for linking it to an STD, which beats the usual car crash/fall/accident that so often leaves soap women baron. I will also give them credit for finally writing Theresa to match her horrible personality.

The OTT, OMG! moments are eating the show up; the writing is so hollow, that all the stories have no aftermath, reaction or any decent motivation for happening. Everything is for shock factor.

The only story that has had any kind of depth and pathos has been Cindy and Dirk, and her pregnancy. I really hate how they've ended that relationship, b/c it was actually developing Cindy into a more humane character.

The show has too much Fraser, Grace, Trevor, violence and crime, kidnappings, Roscoes, and random hook-ups that go nowhere.

• Members

As sick and twisted as Robbie is for what he did or attempted to do with Sinead....Sinead lost a lot of points of points with me for even agreeing to go thru with it so in a way the little perv is right. She is absolutely the worst for even considering going thru with it behind Freddie's back.

I just can't with this character anymore. Finn is a retarded. I hope for Diane's sake that the twins turn out way better but with Tony as the father I highly doubt it.

Watching Freddie get sucked into the Frasier orbit is juts painful. Grace is just annoying. Mercedes didn't even lay a finger on Claire so I don't get it....wasn't it Browning that killed Claire? Why does this witch keep insisting that Mercy did it?

Ruby is gonna make me so sad right now....but I love how fierce the b*tch is now with Frankie

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

I don't get it either. This continued and never ending bullying of JP hasn't instilled any "brilliant and fascinating" drama for me.

I'm still just amazed that the show has gone out of their way to make sure, crystal clear and that no viewer is mistaken about the domestic abuse situation that Maxine is currently going through with Patrick. The show isn't willing to ride the "epic bandwagon" that kept Stendan thriving and Ste being assaulted by his lover for over three years and seen as love by the audience.

• Members

Any guesses on how long it will take before fans start talking about John Paul got what he deserved, and crying for Finn because he didn't know what he was doing, and he's the real victim, and he's so so cute? Or how he and Robbie must both secretly be gay, and therefore let's ship them and they're so cute and hot?

• Members

Hmm... 2 weeks?

I'm livid by the interview here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/interviews/a542587/hollyoaks-writer-jessica-lea-talks-john-paul-finn-rape-storyline.html

What's it like for a family to have a rapist in it? We'll be seeing the story from Finn's side? I liked the character of Finn. This has completely ruined him. I wonder if they'll do a softening of the rape eventually the way they did EJ on Days.