ATWT: Discussion week of June 16th

• Members

Today's show...pretty bad. It's really sad when I'd rather listen to the soundtrack than watch what aired. Seriously, I wish I could have similtaneously muted Katie/Brad and listened to the music. The ONLY thing missing was Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". :)

I guess Parker/Liberty were pretty watchable, except for the underlying seduction going on between them. I wish Carly was in her right mind, and smacking Liberty around like the little troublemaker she is.

Carly...WHY FCOL?? I'm tired of Carly always knowing the right thing to do, and always being seduced by a smooth talking man. (And now that it's Holden, pigeon-talking farm boy, it's doubly insulting.) And his 'tude is laughable. He'd run away with his d*ck shriveled up, if Carly just once bared her fangs at him.

I should be happy this crap is dragging the ratings down...but really, I'm not. I don't want to lose my show. (I know on some level, I already have...)

I do agree though, the placard for Bob Calhoun was a classy move.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly and Holden ... couldn't even stand to watch it - yuck!!! I have seen people supporting them and I kind of go WTF?? They are nasty. I know I'm in the extreme minority but I hope the show keeps Noelle Beck because the scenes where she bitched Holden out at the prom (a prom in a diner BTW??) really worked for me.

As for Cardull once again - yuck! TPTB really blow chunks on every soap but OLTL it seems. And maybe Y&R.

• Members

;) Y'know you're officially my ATWT twin.

I forgot...I wanted to slap the crap out of Brad when he warned Janet off Jack, blaming Carly for him being "really damaged". Y'know, even if it is true...he played a role in messing Jack up by going along with Carly. I thought he and Carly were friends. Carly even turned around and helped him when it hit the fan. Brad's turning into a hypocrite before our eyes.

Sometimes it really surprises me how little it takes for viewers to pop out of the woodwork to praise something. Throw together kids, animals and a couple of chuckles, and someone will fall for it.

• Members

If people like Holden and Carly, I don't see that they are falling for anything, any more than any other group of couple fans. It's not really my cup of tea, but it doesn't surprise me that some fans were ready for a shake up. Maura is doing a good job selling this couple. I'm quite impressed with her for doing her job. So many soap actors try to tank pairings they don't want. It's nice to see someone act professionally. Maybe once it's over, she'll be rewarded with a better pairing (Paul or Mike).

I think Jack and Janet might be interesting. I need to see more, but I like Janet.

I want Luke with that new boy. Noah is annoying me to no end right now.

• Members

I know I'll REALLY get flack for this, but I want NOAH to get a new guy. I absolutely cannot stand Luke. He is whiny, clingy, pathetic, and a little too much of a stereotype for my taste. To me, Noah is the far more interesting character.

• Members

Wow...I don't think I could choose who was the more interesting of the two---I think they pretty much both are as bland as tap water. I do think Luke is completely stereotypical "gay male", overly emotional, sensitive, creative in that quiet book nerd kind of way. I don't know what Noah is, even after a year on the show. Honestly, I'd rather they make Noah bi-sexual, bring back Maddie and let him pick the girl over Luke. At least that would be unexpected. A little.

Archived