AMC: Thursday, June 12, 2008

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erica's once promising storyline has went to the gutter. It had promise when the focus was on bettering the prison environment, but now its went back to New Beginnings???WTF :angry::rolleyes: Why oh why do they insists bringing this dreadful show back to the forefront???

• Members

I loved the Tad & Dixie scenes! I just stopped watching and am trying to stop bawling.

Jesse & Angie were good, too.

I wish they had shown the memorial for Julia that Angie mentioned instead of Erica's faux talk show from prison. ITA with EricaKane70. This storyline had great potential when Erica first took Carmen under her wing and it looked like she might be getting involved with a prisoners' rights, but New Beginnings:Behind Bars is incredibly dumb!

At least JR finally got the truth out of Richie. If this is how Richie dies, I'm disappointed that they didn't have big murder mystery with JR, Babe, and Annie as the suspects.

Why, oh, why are they putting Greenlee in scenes with Ryan again?!? That pairing always brings the show down!

• Members

I totally agree. The spoilers talked about some "fantastic journey". Instead it was mostly Tad talking about Jamie's prank!

They should have left it with the "what things would have been like had Dixie not gone to Europe" stuff. I love Dixie/Cady and would rather that she not had this last day because it ruined it IMO.

I know not to expect great things from AMC but I'm shocked at how little effort TPTB put into the Tad/Dixie stuff today.

Erica's story is a joke. What the heck is the point of this? What is going on with Susan Lucci/Erica? She was barely on the second half of last year. B&E claimed they had to work around Susan's vacation time. So Susan had 6 months of vacation? I don't buy it. Then this "big story" is a non-story. It seems like they wanted Erica isolated from the canvas so they could tape all her scenes in one day. Can they no longer afford to work Susan more than once a week?

• Members

good lord WHY did they have to bring New Beginnings back? I thought we were done with it when Erica got cancelled but now she's producing her own prison themed version from behind bars?

LMAO at Annie going off on Greenlee. Ouch! Kendall sure got her good in the eye

• Members

Agreed with basically everything Steve said. I liked Richie and that's an example of what went wrong with B/E Good story start up potential and then the story just goes FLAT--all this woulda been much more interesting if we had SEEN Richie more than 5 mins the past month or if it had happened a month ago. I wanted to see him more with Opal.

• Members

I'm a Tad fan but not so much a Dixie fan (okay, I'll own up to the unpopular opinion that I HATE Dixe)

BUT

I will admit that I actually teared up. No one is more surprised than me. I didn't think it would affect me one way or the other but the scenes were so tender and bittersweet that I couldn't stop myself and even though I'm not a T&D fan, I understand that the story says that Tad will always love Dixie and she is his soulmate. It's nice to see that kind of connection, an honoring of history and a scene that was about pure unadulterated emotion.

STELLAR JOB MEK and CM. My hat is off to them.

And even though I disagree with Angie's POV because I can see how much being a cop means to Jesse (and I selfishly believe that if Jesse is the Chief that MAYBE sometimes a crime might get solved in PV but I digress) but I can totally see WHY Angie's gut reaction is what it is. I also like the fact that this couple is talking about it, giving their points of view. I don't think Angie is ready to really hear Jesse yet but I think she will. Jesse is hearing Angie though and he wants her to feel safe and he's willing to make the sacrifice to make that happen for her. I dig that!

Sorry, I liked the scenes with JR and Ritchie. It's about time Ritchie's smug attitude bit him in the booty and I sort of like JR's ruthless side when he offers it to someone that deserves it. It's like his Chandler genes just manifest themselves into a heck of a scene.

And I LIKED the scenes with Erica. I can see her as a woman that would fear what will happen when she leaves after she feels something was ripped out from under her. I also really like Carmen and Erica as frends. THAT is a good healthy friendship and it is a giant stark contrast to some other friendships that are being highlighted on the show. Yes, I do believe in Erica's friendship with her fellow prisoner more that I believe in Kenlee....so sue me.

and then let's see....Annie/Ryan/Greenlee....hmmmm....well.....I liked Annie's dress and Greenlee's outfit. That's all I have to say about that.

• Members

I cried watching the T&D stuff, frankly I ff the rest of the show so I can't comment.

Two great things:

1. Tad not wanting to close his eyes and touch Dixie's hand... because he wanted to keep looking at her (because, as he's always said, she's a lot of fun to look at LOL) and was afraid she would disappear on him again. Very sad. Very T&D. Real.

2. Dixie asking Tad to make her laugh. Great hommage to their history, he was the one who could always make her laugh. Odd, though that an angel would miss that, no? Shouldn't she be living out a fantasy life up there, between talks with Grandma Kate and Bess Cooney? LOL And why no talk of Jenny? I'm sure she's hanging out with them too.

One lousy thing:

1. Dixie telling Tad that this time he has to let her go. WTF?????? He had no trouble forgetting all about her the minute she died. So, obviously that was a messge to the audience, not Tad. Well.. I let go. I took AMC off the Nielsen TiVo last night. I'm done being insulted and disrespected as a viewer.

One curious thing:

1. Tad made his wish (to touch her one more time)... but Dixie didn't make one. She said she took him there so they could make a wish. Well.. ??

Archived