OLTL: Discussion for the week June 2-6

• Members

I have a feeling that Chisum might just drop off the canvas, but as you said, pretty much everyone has a connection and a driving force right now, even the recurring roles like Lindsay, RJ, Renee, Roxy, Addie, David, etc. That's a tight canvas!

Clearly established throughlines for all the characters, make for CHARACTER driven storyline, and look how strong all the climaxes are when every beat of a story comes from how the characters would naturally react in a situation!

OLTL is what every soap should be.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH's behind the scenes people just have too much balls. They really think they know what we want more than we do, no matter how hard we scream.

As for ATWT, I was so shocked and dismayed to read in a recent SOD interview that the EP pays no attention to fans, their letters, the internet, or anything BUT the ratings. He has completely removed the face from his audience, sees them as nothing but numbers and decimal points, and how can you expect to AFFECT the ratings when you fully admit to not putting your ear towards what the audience is telling you they want to see! In that position, you NEED to know what the audience wants to see. For all GH's faults, I believe they know what we want, otherwise they wouldn't be able to tease us with shreds of it while trying to make us like all the [!@#$%^&*] THEY really want to churn out. But Goutman really burned me in that interview. I'm all for the EP having a clear game plan for their show, but the fan needs to be what you're crafting this show for, not some hollow, lifeless ratings point.

Don't know about GL, but from what I've seen, I certainly don't think the viewers are their top priority.

• Members

I have that feeling too....much the way Tobias Truvillion and Vincent Jones has pretty much disappeared (aside from Rex and Adriana's engament parties and wedding, where he barely had two or three lines).

And yes, the recurring cast is being used very well. All of those you mentioned have been seen recently and/or will be soon....such as Carlotta. Even the kids (Matthew, Shane, Jamie, Bree, and Sam) are used more than they had been. Hell, RC has even found a way to keep Shaun on canvas, which is brilliant if you ask me. :)

• Members

:D I just ran into a neighbour as I was putting out the garbage. I blamed my "distressed" appearance on "all that pollen in the air"

Seriously though, through a lot of this week, the commercials have almost been a welcome break from all the intensity, a chance to regroup, wipe the eyes, give the nose a good HONK! Watching a recording I find myself stopping it voluntarily to perform these necessary functions.

I'm curious to see what David will do next, what with Dorian not knowing when to stop.

No split shift today so I get to watch it again live, but I will record nevertheless, as I have all this week. A lot of this is worth keeping, for a while at least.

Archived