DAYS: Joe Mascolo FIRED

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

He's 73 and he's not gonna come back after the way he was treated (if this news is true). Stefano certainly didn't run his course - we just found out John is his brother! He has his son, EJ and he has his family in town. There could've been a battle for the Dimera empire, or even Victor vs Stefano. If Corday felt there was nothing left for Stefano to do, at least give him the send off he deserved. <_<

• Members

I had a hard day at work and came home to this sh*t.......

OK, any hope I had the Higley wouldn't destroy this show is gone. I was willing to give her a chance, EVEN after what she did last time she wrote for the show. I tried to let the trash she wrote last time go (one note villains, indian goop, strip clubs, etc....). It's only going to get worse from here, and this time, calling in Reilly won't save Corday's carcus. This time when she dismantles it, execs will cancel it.

Poor Joe, poor Days, and poor us. I saw Days FINALLY heading for a resurgance. Creatively it was more grounded and complex than it had been in almost twenty years. It has already turned insanely boring, and now, no hope of a Dimera return. What is there for Tony and EJ to do without Stefano? The Dimera family is an important part of the show. Like it or not Corday, Hackley, and co.: They are as much a part of this show as the Brady's or the Horton's.

I agree with other posters. There will be Pollyanna fans who try to make this seem logical or some sort of strategic move. Those people can mark this statement: This show has made a terrible choice, and creatively it's about to implode.. Most Importantly: it's a sign, that once again, this show has decided to self destruct. Days could have gone either way right now, but I'm now convinced it will be gone by 2011.

• Members

I am *so* mad about this right now. I was somewhat chipper coming onto the boards today, until I saw this. I guess DAYS just can't help but get worse and worse as time goes along. I barely even watch the show anymore. I guess we'll have these non-creepy Vitali's and the incestuous gagfest that is Stax to keep us *on the edge of our seats*. UGH DO. NOT. WANT.

• Administrator

Yup! When you mention DAYS, you mention the Horton's, The Brady's, and the Dimera's.

Try 2009! Why do you think we haven't heard anything yet. They're beeing quiet until it gets closer to an end date. <_<

• Members

Well, thats sad. Man, thats sad.

Question is, would I rather see it go by '09, or watch hackley #@!& it up? I've watched this show for decades, and she's as bad as they come.

The only plus side of it getting canceled: reruns on soapnet. I'd get to se see Doug and Julie, Bill and Laura, The Salem Strangler, The Prisms, The Pawn, Cruise of Deception, Buried Alive, The Possesion and Crazy Kristen lock Marlena up again.

Call Reilly a hack all you want, but he knew how to build a decent cast, entertain us, and give the show a point. By the time this is over, we'll be wishing he would come back. Sad thing is, I liked Sheffer, well atleast his last six months.

Archived