GL: Kim Zimmer Fired?!

• Members

http://www.soaps.com/guidinglight/board/59712/

According to a reliable source ne at Proctor and Gamble (the company that produces "GL") - Kim Zimmer, a veteran actor has been FIRED as of today for an outspoken interview she gave to a soap magazine this past week... This is very sad news... Kim has and will always be the corner stone of that show... We wish her nothing but the best.

Update: Kim was also let go because of secret meetings between the actress and rival soap - "General Hospital"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not buying it. I always thought that Laura Wright had a BIG FAT mouth, but boy! I don't know. I think it's a rumor to add more fuel to the fire because the shows sucks so bad, so why not give it a little more talk? Before you know it, the show will suck even worse, and then we'll see something like, "Guding Light is cancelled!", and we'll be like, "So what? It should have been cancelled years ago!"

• Members

This isn't the first time KZ has spoken out about her position on the show. So why would they fire her now? I'll wait and see if SON officially confirm this.

And what on earth would she do on GH?

• Members

Exactly. Lord this gives me flashbacks when GL had to do their drastic budget cuts in 2005, and there was this uproar (back when online GL viewers actually cared and loved GL) about Kim putting her foot down and not taking the paycut. You had the Kim Zimmer fans who defended her name from Madagascar to Mount Olympia while you also had the non-Kim Zimmer fans who thought that she was selfish for not taking the paycut and if other actors on GL took the paycut, then what the hell makes her so damn special? I remember the drama back then, so this is not me making this stuff up and I'm not talking smack about her except that CYNTHIA WATROS/ANNIE DUTTON rules! icon_rocks.gif This just sucks that there's yet ANOTHER rumor thread like this. We all just need to accept the fact that Guding Light sucks and that's it. There we go! End of discussion and thread. :P Just kidding.

I don't think that Jill Farren Phelps would want her, but if she were on General Hospital, she'd probably be tied in the mob shooting people with menopause and killing NASCAR driving patients with cancer. Not to mention innocent people with psychic abilities and incredible magicians who jump through Civil War paintings.

• Members

Or maybe she'll be Claudia's suddenly Midwestern and not-at-all Italian mother? :lol:

Unless she's angling to be a Laura recast. :blink: Oh, Lord, please, no!

Seriously, though, I cannot imagine her on GH. A NY soap, maybe.

Archived