AMC: Angie's Daughter Cast

• Members

Yaya Dacosta from America's Next Top Model is coming to All My Children! The actress and model has been cast as Cassandra Foster, daughter of Dr. Angie Hubbard (Debbi Morgan). She first airs on April 25.

Most of America remembers Yaya from season three of America's Next Top Model, where she came in second place. Despite not taking the prize, she's enjoyed a successful modeling career, including campaigns for Sephora, Garnier Fructis and Olay. Acting gigs followed, such as a starring role in the film Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas.

Her character, Cassandra, is the adopted daughter of Angie and ex-husband, Jacob. The character made her debut on the ABC Daytime drama The City. In that series' final episode, Angie and Jacob (played by Darnell Williams, who currently plays Jesse on AMC) found an abandoned Cassandra and brought her home.

Cassandra's all grown up now, and arrives in Pine Valley to meet her mother's first (and current) husband, Jesse. Don't expect the family reunion to be all roses: Cassandra will be pulled into the sinister plan Rob (David Rasche) has for Jesse.

http://abc.go.com/daytime/allmychildren/yaya.html

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RC: I happen to love Yaya...but um.....isn't Angie & Jacob's daughter supposed to be white? Wasn't that a huge story on The City?

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Blair-the-Southern-Asian all over again!

Oh, I needed that laugh today......

• Members

Whoops.

Just looked up her character profile on Soap Central.

KAYLA was white. That was the daughter they adopted at the beginning of the series.

Cassandra came to them in the very last episode of The City. Doesn't say whether she was white or black, but they make it a big point re: talking about Kayla being white.

Still - I needed that laugh. :-)

• Members

Maybe B&E will hope we forget the mess they've made out of this show altogether.

Although I do think this is good news, the show needs a strong, young African American female character. I wonder who they'll involve her with, though...

Archived