Y&R: Week of March 17, 2008

• Members

This would have been a GREAT story to incorporate Victor as the father that is purposely pitting a son he barely knows against the children that he seems to be so disappointed in time after time (mainly when he doesn't get his way)....They could have definitely incorporated Nikki as the woman who's watching her children slowly being edged out of the business for some newbie......it would have been great for all of the Newman family to have a storyline minus David Chow and Phyllis I have nothing against Phyllis at all, but this could have been a running story of acceptance... Victor is sooo quick to trust Adam and he knows absolutely NADA about him...that alone could have the whole family involved.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly!

It would've be a GREAT story to illustrate Victor's approaches (both positive & negative) to being a Father to ALL of his children & there's Nikki's struggle to not be too jealous & overprotective of her own children's feelings but also willing to welcome Victor Jr. into their family too.

But entire story has to be ruined in order to make Victor Jr. into a colossal jerk, Victoria a drippy flake, Nick a naïve moron & of course Phyllis the STAR! :rolleyes:

• Members

Amelia is a totally boring actress, I don't know what processed Jack Smith and Marnie Siatta to hire her. I can't believe they passed on Gina Tognoni for the part. It's not just the deplorable writing that makes Victoria a pod, it's the actress herself! I don't think Amelia is necessarily a bad actress, she just shouldn't be Victoria. She's better suited playing traditional heroines.

Heather Tom will always be Victoria and no one can fill her shoes.

• Members

The second part fit CK too.

On a side note my love for Davetta has nothing to do with her acting but I'm glad she can. My love for Davetta is that she played Lily the was I envision Dru daughter to be. Most people who didn't care for CK Lily had something to do with how they envision Dru daughter to be. & CK just didn't live up to it. CK played Lily like she was raise by Neil all by himself instead of fiesty Dru all by herself. I mean CKLily don't seem like she came from her parents that was hip at one time in their lives(Dru & Malcolm).

• Members

:lol: Preach it!

Both actors are decent; I give them this benefit of a doubt. They both can pull of some work one can call acting every fortnight but those two have zero chemistry and are written ludicrously. I swear if I have to endure another round of anger or French by CK I'm gonna scream EGREGIOUS so loudly that Eric Braeden suffering a heart attack can never touch a boxing glove again...

And Cane being so ultra-smarmy is plain distateful. DG sometimes really carries a creeps factor for me, kinda like original Michael Balwdin back in the day.

• Members

I really don't understand what the writers had in mind putting these two together. I'd rather see Colleen/Kevin together because even that would make more sense (And y'all know which Colleen I'M talkin about!!) And it would be a whole lot juicier. These two are way too young to be boring. Why are soaps flipping the script on the youth? I mean, the older crowd should get their kicks, too. But don't leave the youngins on the backburner.

I really wish the writers would bring out something dark about Cane. It doesn't even have to be serious: like he's not really Jill's son (I definitely have my doubts still) or that he caused Clear Springs to crumble and tumble LOL. I just have a hard time buying he's as good as the writers have made him out to be. Anyone who could fall in love with Amber has to have some skeletons in his closet.

Archived