All: Best & Worse Rewrites...

• Members

What are some of the best rewrites in the soap world? i honestly cant think of one. IMHO, rewrites only work when they do not undo the history, but find a loophole in it. (example: this isnt a rewrite, but creating Nick on Days of Our Lives. It didnt change much of anything, they just found a way to create him and tie him to the horton family without screwing anything up).

And i am sure this will be much more discussed - what are the WORST rewrits in the soap world? I am sure AMC's Josh being Ericas son will top almost everyones list.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can think of one worst re-write for GL so far. The Mary Anne Carruthers mess during the Weston/Conboy era. Here's the only clip that I could find of this story. I wish I could find the Hall of Mirrors episode. :lol:

Michelle makes a wish for Danny with her magic ring

• Members

^I loved that GL storyline.

did it go against the history? yes. did i care? no.

lol. i also started watching GL for tony/marah so... what can i say? and the actress who plays MAC was fab!

the hall of mirrors episode was great.. i also loved marah apartment. were the tunnels that connected everywhere in that MAC storyline?

• Members

Best

AMC

Kendall is Erica's daughter

Erica reveals that Eric sold her to Richard Fields

Jackson is Greenlee's father

Tad Martin is alive and with amnesia

David is Babe's father

Jesse Hubbard is alive and back in Pine Valley

GH

Carly is Bobbie's daughter

Laura is Nikolas' mother

Worst

AMC

Erica's unabortion

Greenlee not being responsible for Spike's deafness

GH

all rewrites associated with Sam McCall (too many to list)

• Members

To each his own I guess, but the majority of people hated this storyline because how did Buzz Cooper, Alan Spaulding, Joshua and Billy Lewis, and Ed Bauer all know each other during that period? It doesn't make any sense at all because Buzz Cooper was nowhere in Springfield the day that Mary Anne Carruthers died nor did he know the Lewises or the Spauldings or the Bauers.

But I do agree Carrie Nye who played Carrie Carruthers was awesome and may she rest in peace.

• Members

Oh, i see why people hated it. Had i knowen the history and watched the show for more than 3 years i prob would have hated it too. But all i knew og GL's history was Maureen's death was the stupidest move ever and Reva was/is a whore, but Josh loved her anyways. lol.

• Members

^^ Well, I love my Annie Dutton of course, but even B&E re-wrote Annie's history that she was married to Eddie Banks and I think faked her death and then ALL OF A SUDDEN Phillip Spaulding tells Reva that he remembers Annie Dutton mentioning a guy named Eddie Banks while he was helping her detox at the Bauer Cabin because she was a pill popper. I knew Annie and I had something in common loving pills. LOL! I'm just kidding.

So, with that, I had to swallow it down. Not the pills but the whole Eddie Banks thing because it was my sweet little Annie Dutton. It was REALLY obvious that B&E were drunk on her.

• Members

Best Rewrite: Nikolas is Laura's son, possibly from a relationship with Stavros's brother, Stefan. This was such a good SL in the 90s and gave us such gooooood Cassa-moments! :D

Worst Rewrite: AJ hires Dr. Thomas to kill Jason after the accident back in 1996.

• Members

Worst

DAYS: The total twisting of "Marlena was jealous of Isabella and hated Brady as a child"... anyone who actually watched the show knew that it was the exact polar opposite. Isabella was the jealous one and Marlena raised Brady on her own, and loved him as if he were her biological child.

Well, at least Nick was plausible, Joshua and Jessica were actually together all that time, the audience who were watching in the 70s/80s actually knew them as characters, why wouldn't they have had a child?

Archived