Y&R: Actor Returns

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So far we had Hope return (but sadly passed away), now we have Victor Jr. here, and soon Danny will be coming. I'm sure Tracey will make a stop as Beth Maitland always seems open to making appearances. I really wish we get mentions from Mamie, Olivia, Nina, Diane, Casey, Andy or any other past memorable characters.

• Members

And they've also squeezed in some appearances by Ashley, even if it is keeping her in her B&B context and not bringing her back to GC full time. I know there have been rumors that Y&R wants her back, but I would imagine Eileen Davidson, even with Y&R being near and dear to her heart, would have to think long and hard about it after how the old regime just cast her to the wolves. I can see Brad Bell's bringing her to B&B as a way to "keep her in the family" to facilitate a Y&R return if it ever happened, just like he's reportedly sending Lesli Kay from B&B to Y&R for now, but I'd imagine he'd only do it as long as Eileen was sure going to Y&R felt right to her. But whether or not a return happens, I hope we'll see her visit again with the 35th anniversary coming up this month, along with Beth Maitland as Traci.

An Abbott reunion would work to bring Mamie back, in addition to her connection to the Winters family. Lily needs some of Aunt Mamie's wisdom with all this "Fresh Face" stuff leading her down the dark road of modeling. Olivia could help out with Lily's problems, too, especially if Chloe's advice makes Lily put her health at risk.

As far as the others, Diane obviously still has the links to Jack through Kyle, who's been nearly forgotten other than his being included in Jack's "Dear Sharon" letter while trapped in the rubble in Clear Springs. Bringing Casey back for visits to Nikki has always worked in the past. And Paul might need some help at the agency with JT now working at Newman, so maybe Andy can lend a hand again. The only problem I see with bringing Nina back is that they De-SORASed Jill's son with their insistence multiple times that Cane is only 32. If Nina came back, a confrontation with the "real" Phillip Chancellor III is inevitable. But that would require TPTB to play more games with the timeline, since even real time would make Nina's husband Phillip around 12 when their son was conceived. It's a minor quibble, sure, but it's just a reminder of how screwed up the ages of a lot of the characters on this show are.

• Members

Lauralee Bell has zero interest in a fulltime comeback so your wish is a given, Cat. Remember she hasn't really been with Y&R since 1999 with all her maternity leaves and Christine being on month-long conferences (LOL!!!) - except that CBS SiD kept b*tching "She's back" with every issue now they know do with Vanessa Marcil. Bell's B&B stint lasted 5 episodes or so which underlines that she isn't into flltime soap commitments.

That said, I'd really like to see Chris back for Y&R 35th! I grew very fond of the character during the 90s - when her airtime started to dwindle and Papa Bell was no longer writing - and was a Chris&Paul-shipper, I must admit. Chris & Nina also had a fantastic friendship...

Danny Smarmalotti on the other hand: HATED; LOATHED, DESPISED that scumbag useless atrocious singing bastard. Michael Damian could never act and his winsel-winey routine character was so done with by 1986 already - too bad it took Kay Alden and 12 years later to write him off the show.

As you said, there are much more comeback worthy characters. I still don't get why they never brought Dina Mergeron played by the fantastic Marla Adams to give Gloria a run for the Abbott money...

Archived