Days: E.J.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No doubt he will read this year's Christmas story after which Alice will present him with an ornament (probably Lucas's painted over), declare him to be an honorary Horton and ask him to lead the Bradys/Horton in a collective rendition of kumbayah. :rolleyes:

• Members

Jack, I'm going to have to see that differently.

Jack raped Kayla, and made her and Steve's life hell. But......he found Jennifer, and after she was raped by Lawrence, Jack was called to the stand as a witness for him. He then got on teh witness stand and, in front fo the world, said that he knows what it's like to be a rapist........finally admitting in public that he raped Kayla. It also took jack a long time to get to the point, and that is the reason, IMO, why he was forgiven.

I think the reason why many may have aproblem with E.J. is because he truly has yet to suffer for not only raping Sami, but for alot of the truly evil things he did. That seems to be the part that maybe upsetting people.

But I do see where you're coming from.

• Members

Does anyone in here think that Days (or most of these soaps) has years to redeem a character? I used to think that way, but after watching the ratings over the past few years, I don't. I think that all soaps will have to do some things in quick time now...since they don't have years to play out anything. I'm enjoying EJ's redemption, but I never saw the character as the evil to end all evil that some in here do...and I've been watching him since the day he arrived in Salem. I'm hoping he always remains a character with an edge, but evil personified was never to my liking.

• Members

Regarding Jack - there was also going to be a trial, but Jack plead guilty to a lesser charge. And as others have said, he wasn't redeemed for a long time. With the possibility of cancellation looming Days may not have the luxury of taking a lot of time to redeem EJ if that is where they are headed and it does seem that is what is happening with EJ. But, and this is what I have a problem with - there really hasn't been real remorse on EJ's part for all he has done, whether you believe he was just as brainwashed as what was done to Steve, he still did some really bad things that he hasn't paid for. Not that I think he should be in jail as most of the things we have seen or perceived him do can't be proved, I would like to see him show more remorse than he has. But, I also don't want him turned into another Austin. Too goody, goody. That is what ruined Lucas. JER tried turning Lucas into another Austin (holier than thou) Reed. That would also be a big mistake. James Scott is a fine actor and does have good chemistry with most of the cast (yes, I'll say it, Sami too) but that doesn't mean he should be rewarded for all his misdeeds. Let's see him make amends first. Yea, I know, some of you think he already has! :D

• Members

Well, Kimberly did tell EJ yesterday that she was upset with what he did to Sami and the family moreso then his family so there wasn't alot of whitewashing there.

The insta-redemption of EJ started under Hogan and Higley is only picking up where he left off. She is not 100% to blame for it. TPTB as a whole are.

Archived