2 hour (!) Video Interview with Agnes Nixon online

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, is he/she gone?

I could see why though: A lot of the material by WashesWiter was from the archives of the 'Museum of Television and whatever it is called': www.museum.tv

Watching those classic soap episodes on YouTube was of course much easier than their abysmally functioning Windows CrapshotPlayer... Or maybe Sony pulled the plug because WashesWhiter had episode #1 of Y&R online...

But I second that it's sad.

Under the same lead like the AGnes Dixon interview there's also a very interesting Bill Bell interview from 1998 (?)...

• Administrator

The interviewer is Marlena De Lacroix - her real name is Connie Passalacqua (sp?).

There are only 5 parts that total up to a little over 2 hours. Where are the other 2 hours?

BTW, thanks for letting us know about this Eric!!! :)

• Members

I hadn't even noticed that WashesWhiter was gone. For some reason he's still in my subscription queue even though the videos have been purged.

So that's what "Marlena" looks like. Sometimes it ruins my perception of someone to see their faces when they've been concealed for so long. Now Agnes Nixon appears to be a close relative of Hilary Clinton. :lol: It should be an informative interview.

• Members

No one said it was a new one--didn't I say it was about ten years old? Sheesh Sylph. I could never view the google video links though (they ALWAYS stop for me after 3 mins) so I'm glad it's finally up on youtube.

I dunno I'm no big Marlena fan but she allows Agnes to mainly talk and talk--which is what I want--I wouldn't really call it sloppy. Are there things she didn't bring up that youw anted her to? It's more, as the project for the archives was, an "oral history" than a true interview, the questions are there just to keep the focus.

I do like when Agnes calmly corrects her tho' (ie Agnes doesn't believe the normal hype that it was almost only the Rachel/Alice/Steve story that saved Another World)

• Members

Hhaah it was Marlena on her blog who said (offhandedly so I'm sure she wasn't counting either) 4 hours--I was gonna correct my post but couldn't figure out how to correct titles. It's a sign of a good interview though that it didn't leave me bored or feeling like I wanted to fast forward at ALL - and stillw anted more. (I swear some little bits of it were used in an AMC anniversary special--maybe on Soapnet in 2005? Could that be possible?)

The Ruth Warrick one though seems to be endless...

:)

Archived