GH: New Opening?

• Members

I read on a site called Daytime Confidential that the show is getting a new opening:

I dont know how reliable this site is, but it does seem likely that GH would get a new opening considering it's had all new bumpers (ditto OLTL, which needs one badly...although I hope the one for AMC remains the same as it's the best fit for the series). I also suppose this means that Sarah Brown's newbie character is going to be hogging all of the airtime and that she'll basically be playing Carly (who, for me, left when Tamara Braun did...I've said before that Laura Wright, while fantastic, is playing a pampered Valley girl and that's NOT what Carly is), which is stupid for TPTB because she's one of those actors who sees themselves as 'above' daytime and only does it between jobs (Rebecca Budig, Tuc Watkins, Paul Leyden and to an extent Eden Rigel also fall into this category) and most likely wont even stick around past her initial contract, so putting her front and center is beyond stupid.

I also guess that means that Laura Wright's Carly will be taking more of a back seat (especially if she's not in the top 4 in the opening when previously she was second) and that TPTB will be devoting more time to Sarah Brown's Claudia character in her place. I also wonder what her presence will mean for Megan Ward's status on the show as Kate...it could be Reese Marshall all over again and totally reeks of what I think is going to happen to Melissa Claire Egan now that Rebecca Budig is back on AMC)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, GH doesn't have a problem with letting talented actresses go...especially love interests for Sonny. Maybe now that Skye is away they could pair Ric with Kate, but I fear that Megan Ward join the list of actresses who are sacrificed for the sake of Sonny and Carly.

Archived