DAYS: January 16, 2008

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL @ vicious Belle tossing that coffee in Crystal's face! She did it to Phillip last year, too... around the same time, no?

The scenes on the pier with Bo holding Rob at gunpoint as Rob held Claire in his arms (with a gun, no less) were intense! Belle falling into the icy river and then being pronounced "dead" was a surprise, too. I forgot that was supposed to happen, and for some reason I was still shocked when they said that she was "gone." For a moment, I was thinking that maybe they were faking Belle's death to get her away to wherever Crystal and Rob were taking her.

John and Marlena... so good! Deidre and Drake are awesome. Drake is very subtle in his performances, IMO. And Deidre looks gorgeous today!

The background theme they're playing for John and Marlena is gorgeous! Anyone know which one I'm talking about? It was the gorgeous theme that played during the scene where Marlena found John in Rolf's laboratory. It was the first time I'd ever heard it. And then they played it again today, in the same segment where Marlena was showing John pictures of Brady/Belle/Claire.

The gorgeous violin cue that gives you a sense of angst and longing, followed by a wooden flute sounding "mysterious" cue that reminds me of something from Alice in Wonderland, for some reasons.

Both times I've heard it, it's been during a key John & Marlena scene... nothing else. Is this their new theme? I certainly hope so, because it's gorgeous!

Maybe Days is going to give each couple their own themesong again. One can hope...

Delicious episode today!

• Members

Today was superb.

I agree completely about the music during the J&M scenes. They are playing it so often that has to be a new theme. There is two themes I think. You have the one that I guess is played for Pawn John. It played whenever John was roaming around or Stefano was with him in the mansion. Then, we have the theme that played when Marlena found him and now plays in their key scenes. It's emotional and really adds punch. Love it and it sure sounds like their new theme. I hope they do that for all the couples because that is what added alot to the 80's. Marty Davich was remarkable then. Good scenes and I loved the subtlety Drake and Dee are bringing. I love "Pawn John" and his snark and how Marlena reacted when he called her "doc." Awesome stuff, especially that touching end.

The pier scenes were intense. I am loving Crystal and Rob. Martha really brought it today too. I liked the buildup too with all the tension between Shawn and Philip and how they kept coming together in the beginning and at the end of the episode to save Belle and Claire. Loved how realistic and intense it was from Belle throwing the coffee at Crystal and whacking her (similar to the Philip scene last year but this one looked like it hurt more) to the pier scenes. The police being led by Bo was so realistic and the way Ron just ripped Claire away and held the gun...excellent direction. The scuffle that ended with Belle in the water was well done too. Everything was played out very well and, for once, the whole "she is dead and brought back to life" BS did not end up over the top. It worked and Jay Johnson rocked that scene. Very good drama.

Very good episode as the roll continues.

• Administrator

And then I too thought that the paramedics were working for C.B. Dimera when Belle "died." LOL I agree, it go so intense when Rob grabbed Claire. I was on the edge of my seat. Great action here.

Weren't J/M just awesome today!! I loved their scenes so much I think I'm going to type up their dialogue. LOL

John: "You're hot, use it." LOL

Deidre :wub: So gorgeous.

I think it is their new theme because they played it almost all of their scenes today. I love it too. It's so haunting and like you said, it gives you the sense of angst and longing - perfect description, Kenny. :)

Word! Just fantastic today!!

Archived