Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

I wasn't going to post in the political section again, but I'll respond to these 2 quotes....

If Hillary were to run with Obama, I'd still vote for Hillary & Obama. But with his arrogance, I don't think it will happen now. Although I have thought it would be an ideal ticket.

Didn't find it on a site. I heard it on Larry King Live. That episode of LKL was on 2 weekends ago I believe and could've been older than I thought when I first heard it.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The two of them together would not be an ideal ticket. Some may believe that having him run as vp behind her would automatically make his supporters shift to her but I don't think so. Just as there are people who are supporting her for specific reasons that would not be inclined to support him, there are people who are becoming involved in the political process for the first time specifically because of him as a presidential candidate and not vp.

And how is he any more arrogant than she is? She basically approached the whole thing as if she were entitled to the nomination and a shoo in for it. Then he rocked the boat for her and now he's arrogant. I fail to see his arrogance. He comes across as a man who is confident about who he is and what he wants to accomplish.

• Members

You might notice when what went on in the Catholic church is brought up it's generally met with silence.

Based on what I've heard of Pastor Wright, I can't even conclude that he's racist. As far as I understand, the snippets of his sermon that are being used to prove he is the "most heinous" pastor were taken from a sermon he preached on the 16th of September 2001. How come no one entertains the idea that from 2001 to 2008, he may have changed his outlook since humans changed their minds regularly?

I haven't heard the sermon in its entirety but I heard other portions of it yesterday and he talked about the sins of the nation and how the country was taken from the Indians, how Africans were stolen from their land, and the attack on Grenada among other things. The portion of his message that I heard was you reap what you sow. Some people may call it karma.

I think anyone that compares him to a Klu Klux Klan leader might want to consider that the KKK went way beyond words of anger and I find the comparison inaccurate and ridiculous. But I'm not going to condemn the man based on selective sound clips and if he feels that America is damned or should be for its treatment of black people and Indians, he is entitled to his opinion. If he were actually planning to hang nooses all over the place, it would be a different story.....

• Members

Well while you're waiting for that I guess I will wait to hear what makes him a racist. I mean I can take a wild guess as to why he's being called arrogant. I can't figure out what makes him racist though, but maybe I'm misunderstanding and the person who labeled him racist is not implying that he's racist against either black or white people but against another race.

Otherwise, I need to know how someone with a black father and white mother can be racist against either without being angry, bitter, and filled with self hatred since he's defined by both. And if he's a self hater then how in the world can he be truly arrogant?

• Members

Oh. I see.

Apparently those who support Obama are too stupid to realize that Hillary is the right canidtae for all americans.

When did she become that........was it before or after she ended the Vietnam War all by herself?

• Members

Obama won't lift a finger to help Cinton and she won' lift a finger to help her ,this thing as become a huge mess and if Clinton dosen't quit soon McCain is going to win!

Clinton supporters need to get the fantasy that Obama supporters are going to fall in line and support her ,if you have ever spoken to any of them you would knwo it's not gonna happen.

If Clintons wins and Obama isn't VP McCain wins!

• Members

Maybe? No not really. But Either way Barack/Clinton, Clinton/Barack, it'll be the best ticket for the Democrats to win. That Vietnam War comment is absolutely ludicrous and lame, no matter that you meant it as a joke, a poor one at that!

Hillary does NOT need to quit. They're are several states left, including Pennsylvania and Oregon, and my home state of Kentucky, plus there's the 2 states where Obama maybe doesn't want the votes counted-Michigan and Florida. He's afraid the majority of delegates of those two would go to Hillary, I bet. She should go on until a decision's made about the delegates, especially if noone wins the amount needed to get the nomination! Barack Obama has NOT won, no matter what he and SOME of his supporters may think (to me they seem like Repulican-likes trying to dictate the election).

On your last point, you may be right but if Hillary picks a very strong person for VP, if Obama turns out down, then she could still win.

Archived