Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Mulder, how do you think I feel, most likely having to votr for a woman who has another woman say that Obama is doing so well simply because he's half black, and the fact that Clinton won't get rid of said woman? That garbage doesn't belong in the Democratic Party, and what Clinto or her campaign don't seem to realize in their stupidity is that the very same black Americans she will need in November are the very same ones she's pissing off.

As far as just commenting........Hillary couldn't now get elected Head Pooper Scooper in St. Louis much less president after the way she has ran her campaign.

And Devoted.......I also find it interesting that you barely hold Hillary's feet to the fire on the stuff she and her campaign do.......but do hold Barack accountable for what he says. And, if you say that I don't do that with Obama......just go back earlier in this thread.

• Members

Obama and Hillary are both in a dilemma because neither one will reach the delgate count necessary to be the nominee.

I don't know where you are coming up with this crap about me not coming down on Hillary. I post at another message board on politics about how I do not approve of everything she does, nor do I like everything about her. Have I not been vocal about it here? I do apologize if I have not but I choose what to say at every board I post. I make it clear in my signature that I like Hillary the best of all candidates so I will praise her more and critique the other candidates more (but I still criticize her and praise them if it is warranted). I have made it clear here how I did not like her comments about McCain being the more experienced leader because I find it BS. But I still support her since I feel she is the bst equipped to be president. Never have I also condoned the red phone ad since I found it silly and tacky at best...but I still won't give up support since her positives outweigh the negatives. As for Obama, haven't I recently been praising him, such as saying he has more judgment than McCain to be president? I also showed appreciation here when Obama said he was certain that neither Hillary nor someone from her camp sent out the pictures of Obama in a turban...but make no mistake about it, Obama is no Saint or the Second Coming as some people in the press have hailed him. I fault him for sending out false pamphlets to voters in Ohio regarding Hillary as well as lying about her writing in her book that NAFTA was a success (I read her book and nowhere does she say it is a success. She talks about Bill successfully pushing it through but not the bill itself being successful). But I still like Obama

Furthermore, I do not feel as if I have to explain anything to you. The fact that you threatened to suspend me for a month because I posted a message to a friend that was meant in humor speaks loudly of your priorities. Rather than take out your frustration on me and a couple of others in that thread (over humor, nonetheless. Noel posted a joke...me and another laughed about it while not directing anything at him. It was a convo amongst ourselves), why not get rid of the one with the agenda of purposely pissing people off with offensive crap?

• Members

First, I got that crap from you. It now seems like you can say whatever you want, but damn anyone who speaks up for themselves.

Second, the warrning in the other thread was meant for everyone. YOU are the one who either keeps bringing in up or brings it up in other threads.

And, I asked you a question. If you respond like this......how do you expect anyone to listen to what you have to say?

And also, where is Hillary's outrage at GF's comments? Some half ass crap about how she disagrees? If she wins the nom, and gets her ass kicked in November, she'll have herself to blame. And, don't get ticked at me. Be mad at her for running a dirty campaign.

• Members

There is an obvious lack of respect coming from Clinton and that bothers me. She patronizes this man, says he's not experienced and/or qualified enough to be President, yet wants him as her VP? That sounds like some bullshit. I keep saying that if the roles were revered, Obama would get major flack if he did the same [!@#$%^&*] that Hilary has been doing. Saying that Hilary may be his VP? Oh please, if he were in second place, the pundits would blast him for having delusions of grandeur and criticize him for trying to undermine the voters by misleading them into believing that a vote for him is a vote for her. Yet she can do the same, but he gets criticized when he responds to her antics? Double standard.

He has been VERY respectful of Senator Clinton. After he won Mississippi (you know, the state that doesn't mean anything now because he won it), he said he would support her in the fall if she happened to win the nomination, and also predicted a united Democratic party. He showed her respect when he said, "Obviously I think I would be the better nominee. But I have been careful to say that I think Senator Clinton is a capable person and that should she win the nomination, obviously I would support her." Yet the Clinton campaign doesn't give him that same respect.

Last week you got her advisors comparing Obama to Ken Starr. Why? Because he was going to be more critical of Senator Clinton? Oh my goodness, it's a witchhunt!! GMAFB. Then when one of Obama's people called Hilary a monster, she got her panties into a twist and was furious. The woman resigned, Obama denounced her comments (didn't "strongly disagree") and they moved on. Yet he can't get the same consideration when Hilary's people are talking out of their ass?

I'm so sick of this [!@#$%^&*]. Instead of having a respectful competition, Hilary is trying to undermine Barrack and is showing very poor conduct. The more she exhibits this kind of behavior, the more I don't want to vote for her. I can't put my support behind someone who plays dirty. The sad thing is, she and her people have been trying to beat down Senator BO for months now, to the point where he wouldn't even be a viable VP candidate, but now all of a sudden he may be because she realizes how much she will need him. Excuse me while I go find a bridge to get the !@#$%^&*] over Hilary's bullshit.

• Members

What I think needs to happen now is for Hillary to ask Ferraro to resign. Good lord the woman is downright tacky to be stating that he got where he is due to skin color. No Geraldine! He is where he is today due to being intelligent, sophisticated, passionate, fiery, and a downright charismatic person.

I also agree with Ryan that Hillary should be more appreciative of Obama. She has, on a couple occasions, congratulated him for his wins but he also makes sure to congratulate her as well as throw support behind her if she winds up with the nomination. I do believe that she will be a big supporter of his if he gets the nomination but just has not been vocal about it as of now.

These two can really play off each other well, just like they have in recent debates...I sincerely hope that Obama is not dismissing the idea of being a VP if Hillary has the nomination...obviously, it would make more sense for him to be the presidential nominee if he has more delegates (both super and pledged combined). But now, he is also saying that he will support Hillary if she has the nomination. Could that mean he is willing to give the VP slot a try? He did not necessarily rule it out. I really want a Clinton/Obama ticket or the other way around

• Members

At least we finally see that Obama needn't attack Clinton. She or her representatives will eventually perform self-sabotage that makes Samantha Power look like Mother Theresa in comparison. Clinton is a neocon in liberal clothing, so there's no shortage of bigots lining up to toot her horn. Geraldine Ferraro said the same racist crap that she said about Jesse Jackson 20 years ago, but NO she's not a racist. The campaign's response was weak, given the number of times it has been in this position. Then she lies about the Obama campaign playing the race card, forgetting that she's catching heat because of the country's reaction to her silliness. Let Obama fail to REJECT AND DENOUNCE Louis Farrakhan though, and we'll see world wars 3, 4, and 5 waged amongst the politicians alone. As if this isn't enough, Clinton asserts that Florida and Michigan's votes should count if no replacement primaries are held. Nevermind the fact that her opponent abided by DNC rules that she expects to work around to hoard more delegates. It's arrogance only a Bush could love.

• Members

*snore* and wrong

WASHINGTON — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton did something Wednesday night that she almost never does. She apologized. And once she started, she didn't seem able to stop.

The New York senator, who is in a tight race with Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination, struck several sorry notes at an evening forum sponsored by the National Newspaper Publishers Association, a group of more than 200 black community newspapers across the country.

Her biggest apology came in response to a question about comments by her husband, Bill Clinton, after the South Carolina primary, which Obama won handily. Bill Clinton said Jesse Jackson also won South Carolina when he ran for president in 1984 and 1988, a comment many viewed as belittling Obama's success.

"I want to put that in context. You know I am sorry if anyone was offended. It was certainly not meant in any way to be offensive," Hillary Clinton said. "We can be proud of both Jesse Jackson and Senator Obama."

"Anyone who has followed my husband's public life or my public life know very well where we have stood and what we have stood for and who we have stood with," she said, acknowledging that whoever wins the nomination will have to heal the wounds of a bruising, historic contest.

"Once one of us has the nomination there will be a great effort to unify the Democratic party and we will do so, because, remember I have a lot of supporters who have voted for me in very large numbers and I would expect them to support Senator Obama if he were the nominee," she said.

The Clintons long have enjoyed overwhelming support from black voters, but that has been eclipsed during the primaries and caucuses by enthusiasm and support for Obama, who has pulled huge margins among black voters. Arguments over the role of race and gender have flared up repeatedly throughout the contest between Obama, who would be the nation's first black president, and Clinton, who would be its first female one.

Earlier in the day, Hillary Clinton supporter and fundraiser Geraldine Ferraro gave up her honorary position with Clinton's campaign after she said in an interview last week that Obama would not have made it this far if he were white. Obama said Ferraro's remarks were "ridiculous" and "wrong-headed."

Of Ferraro's comment, Hillary Clinton told her audience: "I certainly do repudiate it and I regret deeply that it was said. Obviously she doesn't speak for the campaign, she doesn't speak for any of my positions, and she has resigned from being a member of my very large finance committee."

As first lady and senator, Clinton rarely cedes an inch to her critics. On the issue of her vote to authorize the Iraq war, for instance, she steadfastly has refused to apologize, coming close by saying she regrets it, despite calls from many anti-war voters in the party to make a more explicit mea culpa.

Her third conciliatory statement of the evening was more in keeping with that fighting stance.

Asked about the government's efforts in the Gulf States after Hurricane Katrina, Hillary Clinton turned an apology into a criticism of President Bush, who happened to be speaking at a Republican event in another room at the same hotel.

"I've said it publicly, and I say it privately: I apologize, and I am embarrassed that our government so mistreated our fellow citizens ... It was a national disgrace," she said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

• Members

No, wake up so that you're fully ALERT when you read this. You'll have to point out why a bolded snippet of my post is most indicative of how WRONG it is, given that you followed it with a news report that doesn't even relate to that sentence. :lol:

It's best that you get over your weird fetish for baiting me. You obviously can't shroud your agenda well enough to make it look like something other than an internet version of Tourette's syndrome. Reading your snide accusations and attacks in other people's quotes of your drivel is so damn OLD. When I have you ignored in my board preferences, I'm IGNORING you. I've been doing it ever since your arrogant assertion that Carolyn Hinsey should be ridiculed not for her commentary, but for her weight. Take the hint. Nobody that avoids you at the level I do could be causing you the brain atrophy I get credit for. It's ALL in YOUR head. But thankfully I have the good sense to check out the insinuations or rudeness you whip up for my benefit from time to time. For your own sake, stop lying about how I've caused problems on this board. Nobody ever had to threaten me with expulsion, thank you very much. The board moderators who continually remind you of your conduct aren't just pulling tirades out of their asses. I'd tell you that you can go back to snoring since I'm done, but we both know that you can't rest until you've lowered the bar for immaturity a few more times.

• Members

I just wanted to throw my view out there on all this since i am a young first time voter. idk if anyone cares at all, but im board so whatever...

I have for the past 3 months watched CNN & MSNBC every night. Watched debates on you tube, and the view every day. I also have ready many articles and whatnot on the Internet and went to each Obama & Clinton's sites and read up and everything.

I am pulling for Clinton. I like her. Yes she has her faults, who doest? But i feel we KNOW what her faults are. with Obama he seems larger than life, like a superhuman who can do no wrong and is all perfect and knowing and just says the same thing over and over and over and over again. There is just something about him i do not like. I do not know what it is, but for whatever reason i just do not trust him to do a good job at all in the white house. I could be wrong, more shocking things in life have happened.

I do not know much about Mccain, is anyone here a supporter of his that can post some things or link to some things about him?

I still say Oprah should run the world.

but yeah, take it for what it is. i just thought id throw my view out there for everyone.

Archived