Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

I think that it is absurd how the Democrats are trying to tie John McCain to President Bush, since everybody knows that McCain is no carbon copy of Bush. (In fact, this reason is why McCain will make a strong general election candidate.)

Although the Republicans still are unlikely to win in November, even the most partisan Democrat has to admit these primaries have gone as well as possible for the Republicans. In fact, the only way that the Republicans were ever going to have a chance at winning the general election were if (1) John McCain became the nominee and (2) the Democrats had a very divisive primary. Of course, those two things have already happened.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think democrats can make that assertion, this is a man that wants to go to war for 100 years and wants to keep bush's economic plan. The only way McCain is gonna win the general election imo is if there is no obama/clinton ticket, I think obama and clinton will be too vulnerable without the other and they are already giving McCain waay too many ideas to tear them down. Obama with his inexperience and the clintons and there shady past.imo

• Members

A McCain presidency would merely be another four years of the Bush agenda...that is all he will offer and why he should not be president.

I don't blame the Democrats for tying him to Bush...other than his support for stem cell research and position on torture, they are exactly alike

• Members

There's no way anyone could count out the Republicans, who have become masters of manipulating elections. Even the Democrats are adopting their tactics by rewarding Florida and Michigan for insubordination on Clinton's behalf. Karl Rove is advising the McCain campaign now, so don't be surprised if the first of our hundred years in Iraq starts in January.

• Members

On another episode of As the Democrats turn, Obama rejects being clintons no. 2 man. :lol: Those clintons sure have alot of nerve.

Despite the drama two clinton backers are willing to raise the money to have new primaries in FL and MI I think the obama camp should agree to it, heck obama could probably raise the money for it himself.

Obama rejects being clintons no. 2 man

• Members

While I am a supporter of Hillary Clinton, her comments about McCain being a more experienced leader over Obama were way off base. He is not fit to be president...Obama has shown to have way more judgment in just three plus years in the Senate than McCain has with pretty much two decades worth as a U.S. Senator

• Members

Oh geez, Republicans are manipulating people to vote for them LOL

The Clintons tried to show that voters can have the best of both worlds if they elect her as the nomiee.

But I agree, Obama made a big mistake in responding back..let your campain manager do that...you keep doing what your doing. Don't get into the trap they set for you. Just shows his inexperience.

As for Obama having more experience than McCain, get real. I doubt anyone, whether they like McCain or not would agree there.

McCain actually works with both parties to get things done...Obama...hell, never called a meeting!

Obama also supported a bill that would kill a baby after it survived an abortion attempt...meaning..when it was all on its own, breathing and crying...he supported it to be killed. This was during his tenure in Illinois.

I do not call that experience. I call that a down right shame.

• Members

And lets' see.

McCain now has his own friends saying what a hothead he is. Whcih means I don't want someone like that with their finger on the button. On top of the fact, this is the same man who said hedidn't know that much about the economy (What Republican does :rolleyes: ) and also said that he agrees with the Bush foreign policy (One of the most disasterous in this nation's history).

Obama didn't have a choice but to answer her question. He did it once, and he moved on. You don't leave a campaign worker to answer a question about being VP. That's like leaving the first key holder to run a fast food restaurant while the store manager sits outside and greets the people.

Obama is doing excatly what he should do, even with his mistakes, and I have more confidence in him than I do in a former FL and current senator who can't figure out which campaign to run, and a Republican candidate who, even though I do like him, will continue the current failed policies.

• Members

What about Clinton's inexperience in making an asinine and contradictory insinuation that he would even want to be her VP? The way his campaign reps have negated his philosophy on NAFTA and resigned for slandering her, it's probably time that we heard more of his point of view from his own mouth. Besides, he doesn't beat a dead horse like she does. Making one remark about his opponent's dumb statement cant possibly be equivalent to HIS incompetence. :rolleyes: Maybe he should stick to his problematic speeches about hope and change, the more acceptable display of inexperience.

• Members

If you ask me, Hillary is merely commenting on how so many people really like both of them that they wish they could vote for them. If I were her, I would retract the comment about McCain being more qualified than Obama (he will still use it but retraction is a step in the right direction)

I highly doubt she said that comment about him as VP due to being inexperienced to be president...she is referring to the scenario of if she is the nominee for president

Archived