2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Thanks for digging this up. That's pretty neat that he was in daytime back in 1999!

I hated PSNS' end credits. They rarely listed entire production credits and of course they didn't list any script writers. I hate that. *cough GL cough*

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He wasn't a scriptwriter on Passions, he worked in production initially.

I believe Passions listed their entire writing team in the credits, they didn't single out who wrote the script for a particular episode. So the scriptwriter was credited in that respect.

I wonder about that too, especially since many of those writers kicked ass on GL, yet were so horrid on Passions. So, I personally couldn't identify them by their writing "voice."

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Ed Scott last listed as Co-Executive Producer on September 16

- Gary Tomlin first listed as Co-Executive Producer on September 17

There were no big noticeable differences (at least in this episode) like there was with the Wyman-to-Scott transition.

• Members

Toups, SONY updated both Y&R and DAYS' production credits today. Maria and Paul are both credited as Co-EP's at Y&R and Camille St. Cyr is listed as Casting Director.

As for DAYS, it looks like Kathryn Foster and Mike Denney have left the show after Ed Scott, they used to be listed as directors before, but they aren't listed anymore. Gary Tomlin is of course listed as Co-EP and Christopher Whitesell is given his Co-HW title, though his stuff hasn't aired yet.

Oh, and Fran Myers is back at DAYS as a writer.

SONY's Production Credits for Y&R: http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/theyo...on_credits.html

SONY's Production Credits for DAYS: http://www.daysofourlives.com/show_guide/p...on_credits.html

• Administrator

Y&R:

- Natalie Minardi Slater back listed as Associate Head Writer on September 18

That sucks. :( I hoped that Tomlin would keep them but the industry doesn't work that way. People like to work with people they know. I expect ex-Passions/SuBe directors to show up which of course I don't mind since I'm loyal to Passions. :)

Noel Maxam's gotta be next. :(

I hope Mike, Kathy, Noel all head back to Y&R where they belong.

There goes one of my teasers for October!

Archived