2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

"That's what skanky little tramps like you think, bitchcakes. Go power trip on somebody your own size, psycho, and spaz down already before I rip your hair out by the roots!"

-Beallisms in bold.

I am soooooo sorry for Y&R... let's just hope she gets heavily edited, because I shudder to think of what Y&R's dialogue will sound like when she hands in her scripts. Christel, Like, Whatever, Khalil will be in hog heaven, though. "Oh, Em, Gee! Like, finally! Somebody's, like, totally speaking my language! Like, how totally awesome!"

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the other hand... That show is a mess editing-wise. Apparently, three people edit the scripts: Milstein, Hamner and Hogan. Perhaps even Maria adds/subtracts a thing or two. Then there are self-proclaimed SW-editors. So... I don't know. :mellow:

BTW, what's clever and what's going on with Anderson Park? Is that dead?

• Members

No, bitchtatorship was most likely her attempt at being clever. But that woman tries way too hard to be clever, and way too less to be natural.

AP is dead. I don't have the time to devote to it anymore and besides... nobody but, like, 3 people were reading it, anyway. Numbers like that call for cancelation, don't you think?

I'm still working on it in script format (writing the outline for the 12th episode after leaving it alone for 3 years as we speak since it's my day off), hoping to have a full 22 episode collection in my repertoire. But doing the online version was too much for nothing.

• Members

I don't. She's paid her dues. In My Opinion, she's done a good job over at GH these last three years to become an AHW at her next gig. Say what you will about Guza's storytelling abilities, I strongly believe he has an eye for talent. GH has some of, if not the BEST outline and script writers of all the ABC soaps. They're able to turn his [!@#$%^&*] into gold a good amount of the time (Black and White Ball story aside). Plus, she's been developed under the Guza method -- which also is the Pratt method in terms of story pacing. Get in, say and do what needs to be done, and get out. Beall was only a script writer for about 2 years at AMC before she became an AHW herself -- and her shitastic scripts hardly were worthy.

• Members

I think she's a smart, power hungry bitch. She's apparently tough enough to take on Hogan, she's ousted Griffith and keeps Hamner on a short leash. Keeping control of storyline from Rauch is a good thing I think. He needs a strong HW, perhaps he'll get that with MAB and HS. HS, by the way, is the best thing to happen to Y&R in a long time. MAB better not get silly and fire him.

• Members

This move actually works because unlike LML or Jack Smith, we actually have a valid Co-EP with experience helping them out. I like that MAB will still have control of the story side of things since Ranch's downfall has been his interference there and inability to hire a decent HW. Things have been improving and going towards the direction they should be going so I'm willing to give them a shot, even with Ranch on board.

• Members

I wonder which one got us this new casting director. Karen Rea sucked ass and she was one of Latham's BFF's that outstayed her welcome, I'm glad to see her canned.

I'm very happy with this new casting director. Even though I don't religiously watch those shows, NCIS and JAG had pretty good casting. It also helps that Camille worked under Mark Teschner at GH and PC.

I have to wonder if Rauch is just there for a short while to mentor Maria until she's able to take over the technical side of producing the show. Or maybe they'll hire her another Co-EP that's an actual producer when Rauch steps down, and Maria will continue to just oversee the story aspect of production.

I'm not surprised that after her working relationship with Griffith and how he rewrote her stuff that Maria doesn't want to fully trust another EP. This also proves that the Bell's are the major ones in charge of Y&R, so a lot of the problems should be attributed to them.

Archived