AMC: More info on Greenlee/Angie/Jesse returns

• Members

Budig's Back on AMC! Plus, an Angie/Jesse Reunion?!

Mrs. Bachelor Bob is back in the Fusion business. Rebecca Budig will reclaim the role of All My Children's Greenlee starting January 16. Also, Daytime Emmy winners Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams are returning as Angie and Jesse Hubbard on Jan. 18 and 25, respectively — this despite the fact that Jesse famously died in his wife's arms a bazillion years ago and has since made several ethereal visits as a ghost.

"We are giving the fans what they’ve been asking for — Rebecca returns as Greenlee and a beloved super-couple have a second chance," says ABC Daytime boss Brian Scott Frons. "Fans can look forward to Greenlee’s storyline developing around her business, her friendships and her love life. Angie and Jesse made an eternal imprint on... viewers, and many fans will not believe he's alive." Seriously — his ghost even gave Pine Valley that "magic box" one Christmas!

When Budig returns to the role she created, Greens is suddenly stricken down by a mysterious illness. That brings Angie back to Pine Valley Hospital to consult on Greenlee's case as well as that of a "secret patient." It all leads to what ABC calls "the most shocking reunion of all time: after 20 years, Angie will reunite with Jesse."

What's your take? Do you welcome Budig with open arms, or was Sabine Singh sufficing as the recast? And just how do you think they will bring back Jesse?! — Matt Webb Mitovich

Link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-...-News/800054969

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC needs more than cheap shock value and casting coups to get themselves back on top. Doesn't matter if you've got the best actors in the world, you need some substance.

However... that being said GL does pretty well without substance and good actors to carry the show, but it's rare.

• Members

Sorry, but you DO NOT bring dead characters back whose deaths are considered some of the most profound and memorable moments in their respective soaps history. Had the dead been left open-ended and the body had not been found it would be a totally different story.

We saw Jesse die in Angie's arms and we saw the fall-out, not to mention Jesse's numerous ghost appearances. This is just another spit-mark on AMC's already tarnished history.

• Members

That's true. I've never actually seen Jesse/Angie on the show before, so I don't really know their history. Since his death was so memorable, then it would definitely be insulting to the show and to the viewers.

On B&B, Taylor appeared as a ghost to Jackie when she was "dead". I guess the ghost scenes can just be re-written as dreams.

Archived