DAYS: Monday December 10th

• Members

Wow - I actually was able to watch an episode contemporaneous with the day it aired.

First off, I really enjoyed the Steve and Kayla scenes. And I kind of thought I wouldn't. I thought it would have been just a retread conversation - and the first scene kind of was. But then it was great to see them talk about Steve's fears, the practicalities of conceiving, adopting, being a working mom, making mistakes, etc. Real, honest and heartfelt issues and conversations. I was happy to see Steve so light-hearted and excited in the end. I think agreeing to have another child is symbolic also of him beginning to have dreams and think about his future and move on from the hell of his past 17 years or so. Stephen and Mary Beth's chemistry was flowing. Also, the camera angles and lighting when they were talking at the bar were very interesting.

Yeah to Hope seeming to actually being at work again and holding a gun! Loved how she shows up at the side door to watch Bo's back. lol As usual, they have great banter, and Peter and Kristian have such great chemistry together also. It was fun to see them working together. Kind of meh about the widow selling hot guns to help feed her baby - too gimmicky. Are they going somewhere with that or was it just to show Hope's soft heart? It is Cincy but she had this kind of hick drawl.

It still kind of sticks in my craw with all of this to do to find EJ's shooter when it seems like so many of the crimes he committed never were investigated. Oh well. I wonder why Lucas went to Cincy to get a gun?

Kate and Lucas had some great lines in their conversations today - egg cracking. And it was interesting to hear Kate accuse Lucas of keeping his hands clean while she does the dirty work. And the way he tried to deny it reminded me of little child protesting to his mom - I wish he wouldn't have come off so much that way. But I think their first set of conversations could have been a lot shorter. They could have filled some time with Kate asking how it is going taking care of the babies, etc. LOL at Kate coming with the grease streaks on her face.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great show today.

It was old school Days with the family interaction with Steve and Kayla. So cute and throwing in Caroline and Ciara was a big plus. Scenes like this is what make Days...well, Days. I disagree wholeheartedly with Kayla being too old to have a baby. Steve was missing for so long and it's a nice story for the fans who always wanted to see him be a dad. If Hope can last year can have a child, so can Kayla. Hell, it's about time a couple on this show be given a realistic, family-type story. I kind of hope they adopt. It could send a nice message. I know we have seen this discussion many times before but it was given a break for awhile and I think it was about the Pocket story before. Ed seemed to drop that and now it's about Steve and Kayla and it's a nice story for their fans. I also liked the flashback to a year ago and their reunion and I am glad they are being drawn back into the feud story somewhat with this Kate/Lucas twist.

I also liked the history mentions of Marcus and Steve's father. Shenanigan's is mentioned tomorrow by Steve. That's two days in a row of alot of history mentions with Steve and Kayla and I remember reading that the episodes we are seeing now are scripts in which there are no writer's around to handle any re-writes so I wonder if maybe the actors are throwing things in now. SN likes to do that and I can see him throwing history mentions around. Good stuff. I also think Lauren Koslow may have been the one to throw in that line about her always doing the dirty work since you hardly ever hear about their scheming days together anymore.

I also need to mention that I noticed Hope was wearing a police badge on her waist today so it looks like she is back on the force and I love it. It's about time. I figured she only left because she wanted to be with Ciara early on and wanted to deal with Zack's death.

Kate and Lucas were great. Lucas is so much better outside of Sami and EJ and seeing his and Kate's banter was like old times. I am happy Lucas backed out, though. It shows that he has matured and still isn't quite the momma's boy he once was. Love that Kate did it and how smart she was about it. I get the feeling after today that Will did shoot EJ and both Kate and Lucas know about it, based on that ending where Lucas panicked about the gun being traced. I could be wrong though. Liked the mention by Kate about how she always had to do the dirty work. Nice history mention there.

Bo and Hope's adventure was classic Bo and Hope. It sure seems like she is a cop again with her helping Bo alot. Loved the Lee Elroy stuff. Nice to see them being active and doing things outside the Shelle story.

Great show and looking forward to the drama of tomorrow.

• Members

I was sort of meh thru the episode. It wasn't bad but nothing really stood out either. I noticed Hope's badge too, and love it when she works with Bo. They're good together, and she also tends to keep him in line. The crooked cop stuff bothers me in a big way and we've seen more than enough of it recently - with Roman (not being at the church) and the stuff with Marlena being the two things that come to mind right off. And with Roman, since he was at the church why didn't he see (or try to find out) who the shooters were? He could have explained being there with no problem (to see if Sami went thru with it or some other excuse). I mean this man is a high ranking officer yet he just gave his gun to Steve and left??? That doesn't make sense.

Loved the ending of the show but it seemed strange that lucas got that phone call. Too bad Hope helped the lady out - doesn't look like she deserved it.

• Members

I forgot about the flashback. :P It was a nice nod to the nearly to the day reunion of Steve and Kayla when Steve got his memory back. It was a great tie in to show the moment when Steve signs "courage" as present day Kayla is trying to help Steve overcome his own fears about being a father. And I am glad they spent some time on the love scene - it has been a long time since an over 40, happy couple has had a real love scene.

Archived