ALL: New Daytime Emmys Procedure

• Members

Or...the old procedure is back.

In short: ALL actors will have their material considered if they wish to be nominated in their chosen category. NO MORE PRE-NOMS. A panel will review the submissions and choose from the submissions, which are to be in by January 8, 2008. Not sure if it is still by two complete episodes, but probably.

And since those nominated will not be limited to two people per show, the field will be widened. And you can bet there will be a lot more nominees per category.

So now there can be no hurt feelings if castmates do not vote for someone to get a prenom. Seems better, to me.

http://www.emmyonline.org/mediacenter/dayt...ate_notice.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's great news! Those haters at Y&R robbed Jerry Douglas, Davetta Sherwood, Sharon Case, Victoria Rowell, ERIC BRAEDEN and so many others in favor of people who did nothing. I'm glad we won't have that crap anymore.

I'm most pulling for Melody THomas Scott (who was robbed in '04) and Jess Walton. From B&B Katherine Kelly Lang is a MUST!

• Members

Well maybe that isn't great news then. B&B deserves to do well and with the smallest cast, that won't happen. Could this possibly help DAYS if they do some serious bloc voting? BTW, I ATWT (and GL) did big crew cuts, so they might not do as well either.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 16 2007, 08:10 PM)
Well maybe that isn't great news then. B&B deserves to do well and with the smallest cast, that won't happen. Could this possibly help DAYS if they do some serious bloc voting? BTW, I ATWT (and GL) did big crew cuts, so they might not do as well either.

Days never benefited much during the old system, and they don't stand to benefit much again. The networks will still have good influence, but it won't be as strong. B&B stands to lose a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 16 2007, 07:55 PM)
Cheap, why did those two shows get all the nods? I can't imagine AMC getting any.

It was actually 2001. 2002 was AMC/ATWT dominated too but not as bad. Here is the 2001 list. The other shows didnt even need to bother to show up. Its a huge WTF list and almost as if AMC and ATWT paid the Emmy commitee. I think this is hte reason why they changed the nomination process so they wouldnt get a repeat of this and now they go back to the old way

Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series

Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott, The Young and the Restless)

David Canary (Adam Chandler & Stuart Chandler, All My Children)

Tom Eplin (Jake McKinnon, As the World Turns)

Jon Hensley (Holden Snyder, As the World Turns)

John McCook (Eric Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)

Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series

Julia Barr (Brooke English, All My Children)

Martha Byrne (Lily Walsh Snyder, As the World Turns)

Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)

Susan Lucci (Erica Kane, All My Children)

Marcy Walker (Liza Colby, All My Children)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Hunt Block (Craig Montgomery, As the World Turns)

Josh Duhamel (Leo DuPres, All My Children)

Benjamin Hendrickson (Hal Munson, As the World Turns)

Michael E. Knight (Tad Martin, All My Children)

Michael Park (Jack Snyder, As the World Turns)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Rebecca Budig (Greenlee Smythe, All My Children)

Lesli Kay (Molly Conlan McKinnon, As the World Turns)

Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney, All My Children)

Maura West (Carly Tenney Snyder, As the World Turns)

Colleen Zenk Pinter (Barbara Ryan, As the World Turns)

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series

Josh Ryan Evans (Timmy Lenox, Passions)

David Lago (Raul Guittierez, The Young and the Restless)

Jesse McCartney (J.R. Chandler, All My Children)

Paul Taylor (Isaac Jenkins, As the World Turns)

David Tom (Billy Abbott, The Young and the Restless)

Justin Torkildsen (Rick Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series

Terri Colombino (Katie Peretti, As the World Turns)

Adrienne Frantz (Amber Moore, The Bold and the Beautiful)

Annie Parisse (Julia Lindsey, As the World Turns)

Eden Riegel (Bianca Montgomery, All My Children)

Kristina Sisco (Abigail Williams, As the World Turns)

• Members

AMC has severely reduced it's cast since then. I doubt any of the soaps besides Y&R and maybe GH will dominate.

IMO, I think actors from EVERY show should be nominated in a category. Yeah it maybe only a dream, but at least that way no one can be left out and you'll be forced to view tapes from everyone.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 16 2007, 08:46 PM)
Cheap21, thanks for those nods! That truly does look ridiculous. I hope we don't have that again.

Can't be any more ridiculous than having GL, Y&R and ATWT dominate the past few years. But I hope we don't have either again.

• Members

Well, you won't get that with this system. Even before this new system came about, the old system always had a reputation of nominating the same people over and over again.

As I've said before, they should've created a brand new system, one which would seem fairer than what they've had previously. There's so many flaws in both systems. Oh well, nothing can be perfect.

• Members

By the way, this system still bodes terribly for Days. CBS and ABC will still dominate, because they will bloc vote according to cast and have the most nominations. Days will probably stand a better chance of some nominations, but they won't benefit much again. They'll be left out in the dark by the numerous soaps at the other two networks.

Archived