DAYS: Thursday, Nov. 8

• Members
Thursday, Nov. 8
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

romandiwed.jpg

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">
Clip o' the day: Sami gets drunk and tells her family off at Carrie and Austin's wedding.
"You all are a bunch of judgmental hypocrites. Oh, bad little Sami doesn't fit in with the Brady family. Well, you know what? Why would I want to? You can all spend the rest of your lives boring the hell out of each other. I am going to live an exciting life where I don't have to please anyone but myself."

DISCUSS.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed the show today. Not sure how I feel about Sami and EJ getting married. I really don't want Sami to fall in love with EJ now. It seems like it is all about owning Sami to the Dimeras. Still thinking Colleen is still alive.

• Members

Awesome today.

I loved today. The buildup of Sami's family staging the intervention, Sami and Lucas's sad "goodbye" at their apartment (her taking off the ring got to me), Will acting out and showing Sami the affect this is having (glad Will is upset. I hated him supporting the idea at first and, was it just me, ir did Gerse sound and act an awful lot like Austin Peck did today? :lol: ), her scenes with Colleen which act as her conscience in a way, her scenes with EJ at the church, and the scene with her family and how the camera angles went nuts shooting quickly around to everyone's faces to reflect Sami's feeling overwhelmed (awesome scene and superb directing for that scene and everything today). All those scenes were great.

Loved the showing of all the people with guns. Kate's holding Stefano and EJ at gunpoint was nice buildup too. The "lady in black" was a nice touch and I am glad she was noticed. I think it was Marlena. Marlena fiddles with her gloves, just like the woman did, and always wears black gloves, especially when she is committing a bad act. It just screamed Marlena to me. Loved Sami's black dress and love how Days tried to trick us by having Lucas put his gun away and Bo take Roman's gun only to have Roman have another gun and I think it can be said that Lucas will go back and get his. Also, EJ taking Kate's bullets fits with this too. Kate and Roman won't be blamed initially because no one will know they had ammo or even a gun. The ending scene was so well-done with the music, guns appearing, and all. Just great. Gothic feel and just a great show.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Ali was great today.

• Members

The camera shots when everyone was talking to Sami hit me as very Rosemary's Baby-ish, which fit right in with the surrealistic goth feel of the church scenes. Loved Sami, Colleen and EJ - and Sami's dress, the Lady in Black (I'm going with Marlena too), and the Santeen background music.

Stefano's responses to EJ about the LIB hit me as very strange - why did he downplay her being in the church and then not being there? Sami taking note of her was also good. Stefano talking about "obey" and EJ going along with it made me laugh - EJ knows better than that (and said he wants them to be equal partners), but it didn't bother me that he humored his father.

I can't say the Brady's impressed me - as in not at all. It was like all their hypocritical self-righteousness came to a head and boiled over, making it clear they were no better than Pete Brady - and that they were (still) only willing to accept Sami when she did what they expected her to do. I don't know if the negativity was intentional or if it was just how it hit me; but when Roman backed her into a corner by making her pick between being a Brady or a DiMera, I loved it when Sami said "Then I choose E.J". That's the Sami I love!

The episode was very soapy, and everything was put together so that it worked. I'm still not liking all of this - but I am liking the show if that make sense.

• Members

yeah, the bradys sure did some off today as who they really are - selfish stuck up hypocrits. sami is doing this for them - sami is giving up on everything to protect them - yet they contenure to scold her and try to make her feel like crap. i understand where they are comming from, but it should have done better. they all should not have come at her like that. i was so happy when she told RoAss "then i chose EJ!"

i was wishing we would get some great scenes of Sami in that DiMiera mansion - but i guess they are living down the hall. thats lame.

Archived