Days: Which was better? Winter or Summer?

• Members

Okay I know both sucked, but still this might be an interesting topic to discuss.

In early Winter, we saw an extreme loss of vets, the WTD story with Sami and keeping it a secret from Lucas, EJ being a total badass and controlling Steve, the romance of Nick/Chelsea and Max/Abby, and the Shelle on the run story.

Then in Summer, we saw a wreck as even though John woke up from his coma, Doug and Julie returned but also Tony, Andre, Lexie, Anna, and Stefano came back and the feud story was delved into and we saw the introduction of Santo and Colleen and for about three months all in all had this letter drama, as well as the EJamicus triangle taking center stage and the stupid TTS story with Jeremy Horton now coming back as a young adult and the introduction of Jett Carver.

Honestly, I don't know which to choose. Winter seemed better planned(even though I think Corday screwed with stories for J/M), its just there were no vets. Summer just WREAKED of a panic move by Corday and he and Hogan just threw it all together at the last minute. June actually was very good for the most part but in July it fell apart excluding the Tony/Andre stuff. TTS seemed pointless and totally just another panic move, as did the China Lee stuff. And August just sucked, and the end of Summer in September was kinda "meh".

The feud story caused Salem to lose so much realism, while in Winter everything just went to hell and the Steve/Kayla story and Nick/Chelsea story seemed like the only stories that actually moved, everything else was kinda at a standstill even though the Shelle on the run story began

In the end, I still don't know.

So what do the rest of you think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the summer better because at certain points I at least had (stupid) optimism and even though I haven't been crazy about how everyone has been used and how things have been written, at least I get to see my faves doing something on a semi-regular basis even if most of it has just been lame Sami propping. It's still not as bad as winter/spring was for me in just one giant suckfest where I didn't give a crap about SteveandKayla/Shelligan'sIsland/Hairbrushgate/WillowinEVERYstory and just wanted EJ to annihilate them all.

• Members

Summer easily.

June alone was much better then anything in the winter. At least we saw the vets more then 3 times a month. Also, summer had great moments at times and the winter had none that I can even think of. I would even toss May in there too because that month had some good stuff too.

I don't know what happened but the feud story didn't turn into a wreck until after the Tony/Andre twist. Things seemed pretty well thought out until then. It seemed from that point on J&M were never seen and TTS took over big time. Once we knew about the Andre stuff, it seemed like someone came up with the bright idea to demote the feud to a B story and make TTS the A story of the summer and toss in Lucas/Sami/EJ just so they could say the feud was still be featured. I also think alot of that was Hogan doing IWTBASS too but I still blame the pacing of many things on him, especially the Sami stuff which is still going around in circles.

It seemed like when Ed's stuff started airing we started getting better stuff with more cohesion. We started seeing vets more and the intensity level went up tons. I will say winter had more stories that were independent of each other while summer was basically feud and TTS. I think once the feud is over we will see a return to more independent stories with maybe one umbrella story going on but not taking over the show. I think Days needs to do that rather then putting all it's eggs in one basket because if those one or two stories fail, the show will fall apart. Ed has salvaged some things with Hogan though and I get the sense now that alot of stuff from this year and the summer is beginning to be wrapped up now so we can move on to stuff that was planned as a collaboration between Ed, Corday, Hogan, etc. That will be interesting once we come to that point, which should be soon as I see the feud winding down by early December at the latest.

Archived