AMC: What would you do to save AMC?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love is a strong word ;) I actually liek Sabine too but try not to tell too many people lol

and fair enough--the City was ten years back. Still it was their only tenure I've watched so....

Y&R ya RH is a more beloved soap than Loving... I do think Loving/City were shut out unfairly though (I remember even Soap Opera Digest, which has PAGES to fill would virtually say nothing about the shows)

• Members

Here are my thoughts on how to save AMC:

- Get rid of Erica the talkshow queen and bring back Erica the cosemetic's queen- I think it would be interesting to see Erica, Kendall and Bianca re-open and re-launch Enchantment. You would have the 3 Kane women in business together. Would the similarities between Kendall and Erica become evident and cause them to have some boardroom battles,with Binx as the mediator between the two?? Have Enchantment with the these three at the helm battle Fusion for the top cosemetic's slot in Pine Valley. Have Fusion run by Greenlee, Mary Smythe and bring in Brooke English to handle PR and Barbara Montgomery to handle the business end.

- Give Erica a storyline- I've read it before on here and agree. Susan Lucci needs to be the lead and not a supporter. I still think the show missed the boat on a juicy storyline for her back during the Michael Cambias days. I always thought what a twist it would've been had David and Erica secretly married in order to protect Binx and Kendall during the trial. This could've come to light after Jack and Erica married and it was revealed their marriage was not legit. Perhaps Erica was under the impression that David had filed annullment papers. You could see a torn Erica wrestling for her feelings towards Jack and David.

- Make Pine Valley not so Snow White- I say give Derek and Livia more of a storyline and airtime, bring back Danielle and Reggie and have them give this show that shot of young love. Bring back Livia's son Terrence and maybe a family for Terrence and intergrate a former/ new character who is TIED to Pine Valley for once. Bring Dr. Angie Hubbard back to the show and have her start a romance with Derek or even have a triangle between Derek/Angie/Pam(Erica's assistant). I would love to see the show beef up Pam's role as well.

Additionally, I would say bring back the Santos family: Maria, Anita, Rosa, Mateo and Isabella in order to give the Hispanic/Latino flair to the show. What if Isabella was hired by Kendall as a Nanny for her boys or even as a Nanny for little Jenny Martin.

-Bring back characters such as : Brooke, David, Hayley, Mateo, Skye, Maria, Dimitiri, Bianca(if they can recast Greens, they can recast Binx), Liza, Chuck Tyler, Donna Sago Tyler, Mimi Reed, Noah Keefer, Dixie, Janet.

-Stop the onslaught of the newbies- It did not work before and history is not repeating itself.

-Get rid of JHC

- Get rid of characaters people do not like and underdeveloped/used characters: Babe, Krystal, Jonathan Lavery, Ava, Del, Sean, Annie, The new rockers, Josh etc.

- Revive the families: The Martin's, The Chandler's, The Tyler's, The Cortlandt's, The Kane/Motgomery's.

- Focus on more social issues: homelessness, poverty, gay/lesbian marriage and child rearing, late in life pregnancies, HIV/AIDS, HPV(especially in Colby or one of the other younger actresses), Cancer, drug/alcohol addictions, questioning of faith and values, Premartial sex, Teen Pregnancy(with adoption vs. abortion vs. keeping the child), Teen drinking, single parents struggling to make ends meet, mental illness, eating disorders,

• Members

Like I've said, the WRITING needs to change. Too many holdovers from the McTavish regime are on staff right now, so too many of them are continuing to carry on her tradition.

Especially when it comes to writing the Ryan character. He seriously needs to be taken down an abundance of pegs. Cameron is NOT skilled enough to make Ryan a complex and emotionally investment worthy leading character. He lacks the appropriate nuance that's needed. Too many characters are needed for him to have a storyline to balance out the obvious fact that he just can't act out of the box. I believe, in the writers' minds, we're supposed to care about Ryan and feel "safe" with him -- which I know that I, myself, don't. Not by a long shot. I feel Cameron's portrayl of the written character is extremely self-centered, abusive and narcissistic.

• Members

I'm gonna post some parts of my story outline I was working on for AMC for fun.

The Kane/Montgomery Family: Erica and Jack reconcile and Erica resolves to become the great mother for all the children involved. Reggie returns to Pine Valley and reconnects with Danielle, who has also returned and decided to go to college instead of working at Fusion. Josh finds himself embroiled in his own turmoil. Ava leaves Pine Valley to do a Fusion tour, and Lily goes back to working with Aidan. Kendall and Greenlee resolve to start over (see below). When Erica decides to surprise Reggie with a surprise visit from his mother on New Beginnings, she unwittingly opens Pandora's Box and causes all sorts of trouble with her family.

Kendall/Greenlee: Greenlee confesses to the fact that she was going to kidnap Spike the night of the accident. Kendall, hurt but not shocked, decides it's not worth fighting anymore as nothing will bring back her son's hearing and convinces Zach to do so as well. Greenlee and Aidan move forward with their relationship, but Mary's surprise return to Pine Valley may cause interference in that relationship. Ian's health improves, but Kendall and Zach's marriage is in trouble thanks to a pregnant Hannah's return. The baby looks to be Zach's but there's a surprise ending to the story that involves someone close to Kendall.

Tad/Julia: Their romance becomes something much more serious when they discover the truth about Kathy.

JR/Jamie: Jamie returns to Pine Valley when he discovers the truth about Kathy. JR's drug habit returns after Babe leaves Pine Valley and the two move in together, starting life over. JR also finds an unexpected, down to earth romance with a teacher of Colby's.

Colby/Sean/Petey: Petey, who hasn't been seen in years, is reintroduced to Pine Valley as a very frail, sickly teenage boy. Coddled by his parents, he just wants to be a normal boy. He also has a huge crush on Colby, and strikes up a surprising friendship with JR. Sean enters into a rivalry with Jack's adopted son Reggie, and will struggle to find himself in a surprising storyline.

Adam/Stuart/Marion/Liza: Liza returns to Pine Valley to deal with a crisis involving Colby. Adam is heartbroken when Krystal leaves town to travel the world with Babe. Stuart and Marion take in a young girl named Nora, who has a secret involving Alfred Vanderpool.

Ryan/Annie/Jonathan: When Annie's secrets lead to tragedy, Ryan skips town on his motorcycle. Annie is left alone, but may find solace with a recently returned Jake Martin.

Loose Ends: Amanda searches for her missing brother; someone is murdered; a beloved woman is diagnosed with a life threatening illness.

• Members

The twist with the story is that Zach never slept with Hannah, but Kendall doesn't believe him. The baby is Josh's. Hannah will eventually be romantically tied to Palmer, which will eventually lead to Opal and Palmer's reconciliation.

• Members

James Mitchell is in his mid 80s. Unless you plan on recasting Palmer (which will NOT go over well, so don't do it), give Jill Larson a storyline with a love interest that will be played by someone who can work full time.

The Opal and Palmer retread has never sat well with me. I like them as sparring exes. I don't like how Opal always seems to be on Palmer's jock, but they're not together anymore. There's so much more that can be done with this colorful and historical character, than trot her out every other month to throw a couple of jabs at Palmer.

• Members

If I were fixing AMC I would dump all the obnoxious screenhogs who don't really fit in with the small town focus AMC should have. Kendell, Zach, Ryan, Babe, Greenlee, and all their annoying 5 day a week friends would just go away. Then I would restore PV to this northeastern sleepy, old family town where small town stories ensued and everyone was not a billionaire. I don't know whether PV is now in PA or in South Beach, Miami.

The show has no identity, no theme, there is nothing which distinguishes it from any other soap except it's lack of interesting characters.

I'd bring back Brooke as the matriarch of the revived Tyler clan, and bring back Chuck as the patriarch competing with Brooke for control of the philanthropic Tyler Foundation. Adam would be the new money tycoon in competition with them, and it's time to introduce evil, handsome Peter Cortlandt as the heartbreaking playboy prince of the town who is really pretty worthless as a human being.

Erica needs to get back to being a romantic figure (and so I'd drop Jackson because he is pretty much a drip) and I would introduce the never before seen children of Chuck and Donna, and have Erica take in the children of Mark and Ellen, so the new generations are covered. Bring back Jaime Martin and just start using the familes AMC viewers are supposed to be seeing. Ryan and Greenlee and Krystal and all these people who can be seen on Any Soap, USA...just send them away never to be spoken of again. And dump Kendell.

Archived