ATWT's Terri Columbino Speaks Out

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate the idea that a vocal fanbase can control the direction of the show. It's just ridiculous. When I hear about fans sending actresses hate mail I end up hoping that they don't get what they want. It's so obvious that the show is going back to CarJack, so why harass TC?

For my part I'd be thrilled to see CarJack break up for good.

• Members

I see what you mean...I know that during the course of the whole Matie/Menn/Skatie situations, those fan bases were downright NASTY to her in the message board that was created for her.... The Matie fans were ripping her up all over some chat session she was going to have with her Skatie fans; etc...

Fans send all sorts of things to those they don't want involved with their couple. They did it when they paired Sarah Brown's character Julia up with Holden as well as Jack; it won't be the first time or last time that fans send nasty mail.

I read where a soap actor got attacked by a fan because he was moving in on one of their favorite pairings...Folks get downright vicious and pit-bullish at times

• Members

The way soaps are going shows needs all the "CRAZY" fanbases they can get. It sounds like this woman dosen't know where her bread is buttered. You would think AYWT would have learned by know that no matter how boring they get ( all couples get boring after a while) they need to keep Jack&Carly together. Look what happened to Days when tptb disided to run the show thier way and not the fans and it tanked.

• Members
I share your opinion here. These so called fans need to get over themselves. I mean, sending hate mail to an actress who's playing a character they don't like. It's sick. She's a person for crying out loud!

AMC Zendall Fan. I'm sorry but she's not blaming CarJack "fans" for the way Katie is being written. That's not what she's saying. She's blaming them for their sick ways of telling Katie her character should stay away from Jack. And really, why shouldn't she say something while being asked about it? Their sending her hate mail. :mellow:

• Members

She complained a year ago when her own Matie fanbase turned on her because they thought she was more supportive of Paul rather than Mark. They thought she promoted Skatie more than Matie. She said at the beginning of the year that Katie had no rootability and now it is all the fault of Carjack fans? If she doesn't read fan mail, how does she even know that she is getting hate mail? And she won't even bother with what her real fans send her which is pretty rude. Her fans were vicious with Jennifer Ferrin as well as Jennifer Munson and the same with Trent Dawson as well as Henry when he was married to Katie. But I guess it is okay as long as she isn't the victim? I think hate mail from any fanbase is wrong, including from Terri's fans and if she wanted to talk about that she should have talked about all fans and included her own fans in it. For all we know her fans are also sending hate mail to Maura! It's wrong for whoever it is done to. However I think by far and away the majority can separate the actor from the character. To attack the whole fanbase is just as wrong as those sending the hate mail. Most people who don't like Katie still like Terri or did up until this. Most people have made it clear the problem is with the writing and not the actress, but she seems to have a problem separating what people think of Katie vs. Terri.

• Members

WorldTurner. Obviously she stopped reading her mail because of all the sh!t she was getting. It makes sense and I can't say I blame her. Sadly the CarJack "fans" who's sending these stupid letters in are ruining things for those who actually are her fans.

About your last sentence. I don't think it's like that. You don't know if the majority of the hate mail is from people who actually can't seperate the actress from the character. jmo

• Members

Actually I think it was her own fans that ruined things for others because she previously complained in SOD about the hate mail from Matie fans that turned on her. My guess is that is when she stopped reading fan mail, and it's just an assumption that she stopped because of Carjack fans. Don't blame it all on the Carjack fans when her own fans sent hate mail!

You're misinterpreting my last sentence. I didn't say that about the people that write hate mail. It's about fans in general. Most of the fans of the show of Carjack, or whatever don't even write. Most of the fans can separate the actor from the actress. That wasn't in reference to people writing hate mail. People who write hate mail are wrong and over the top, but it is all fanbases and not just Carjack fans as Terri has even admitted her own Matie fans wrote her hate mail.

Archived