James E. Reilly: Freak or Visionary?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess the only awards that "matter" are the Oscars. Daytime Emmys are just a glorified version of the SOD awards. Bryton as the Outstanding Younger Actor? :rolleyes: I'm sure Rowell was all smiles that her baby won. Speaking of Rowell, she has yet to win an Emmy, primetime or daytime. Why didn't her cast mates nominate her? Was due to jealousy? Revenge? Indifference?

• Members

There are cliques on every show, especially Y&R & GH. Always have been, always will. Many people felt (and still do) that LML was primarily responsible in driving Rowell to quit because her request to become a writer on the show was denied.

I knew when Drucilla fell over the cliff back that she was dead. Drucilla Winters is dead, y'all. I'm just glad her character was "saved" from the City of Angels. Isn't Rowell amazing or what? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I honestly think Reiley is a MORE innovative writer then Hogan!

Posted by RST @ SP/DOOL

The thing is the worst thing about JER was ALWAYS the execution, not the story. Hogan does things at a faster pace, but his storys basically stink! Reiley at least has good ideas! He just took to long to get them going.

The Aremid Story

Bringing back together J/M through it.

Lexie learning she was a Dimera

The Posession story

Marlena locked in the cage, and John has to use the glasses to see her

Sami/Austin getting married in Paris to get Will back. (Actually fatually based)

Kristen turning bad

Carrie knocking the hell out of Sami learning Austin wasn't Will father.

The whole Vivian/Ivan/Victor story, plus Carly being buried alive

Chelsea talking on her cellphone and running down Zack.

Jack/Laura having sex and keeping it from Jennifer only for her to learn it, and marry Peter.

Eileen playing diffrent characters and never making the story boring. (She was definitely robbed from her emmy that year)

Those storys were all made/written by Reiley and was INNOVATIVE when done! I haven't seen one single thing worth mentioning from Hogan. Here he is copying something with Chick that JER did 11 years go with Jack/Jen.

I do believe JER deserved his firing, just as he deserved Passions be cancelled, but the bad part is? With him only having 5 months to go, he has SHOWN that he CAN write his butt off, and its such a shame. Everything is moving quickly, new storys, bringing back the only two supercouple that we loved, ending the crappy storys, making the show WORTH WATCHING like it was in its first two years.

He did a story that has NEVER been done, where two black guys are on the down low having a affair while one is married with a child and he dosen't think "he is gay" to him its just sex, but he can't stop and wants the guy more then anything, and they show them kissing and in the bed just like anyone else. With Graphic dialogue the whole nine. So if anyone else does it later on, he was the FIRST and the story is very intriguing, because we don't know if they have been having protected sex for the last two years. Its a possiblity that one could have HIV and pass it on to his WIFE.

Just as AMC is doing the Transgender story, Reiley is taking on a topic that has been something spoken about in the black commuinity for years. I expect the ratings to rise at least by May, if he continues churning out good material I always said I rather see a few months or years of a GOOD show, then year after year of a bad one, and to be truthful Days has never recoverred from 1998. So it dying in 2009 is the best thing for all involved. Then we can see a Days ending worthy, some people will hopefully die, some will walk into the sunset and other things. So Passions leaving in August is fine, its better to leave us happy then for us to be bitter and disgusted as we have been for the last 2 years.. Passions does have one thing on their side, its luck when their cast leaves and looks. Which is all its about in Hollywood these days.

If Hogan had any real talent, and has one these Emmys then show us all whats its been ABOUT. Show us the great storytelling. Create the supercouples for MY generation. Give people the vets also. Do what you PROMISED in that interview. Instead of being the disaster you turned out to be.

I know some will HATE if Days is cancelled, but it might be for the best. Some of the cast will go on to other soaps, or on to primetime and the vets I am sure have enough money to retire. They have been working for 25 yrs or more like J/M or Bope. They dont have the pressure of needing to work. Like the younger set.

Archived