ATWT: Friday August 17 Discussion

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

***There are THREE quadrangles right now - Carly/Jack/Brad/Katie, Meg/Paul/Craig/Rosanna and Dusty/Emily/Alison/Aaron. For what? Kidnapping JJ only served as a prop to Jack and Carly's reconciliation, by way of child abuse! As if having her play hero now excuses the way she abandoned her children.***

What on earth is wrong with redeeming Carly, by having her play heroine? Her act of leaving those kids was not the sum total of her maternal worthiness. (And Jack should thank God bone-headed decisions aren't held against him either, he walked out on his marriage, insisted on telling the kids before school the next morning, and is now engaged to a worthless, contemptible, excuse for a human being.)

If I've learned anything on this show, it's that Carly's past is never forgotten. Her "running off with Simon", will be thrown in her face for the next twenty years.

It's not like Carly's just doing this for show. She happens to love the little goober. At least they're giving Carly a way to redeem herself, unlike the other 99% of the characters.

• Members

Right on! I was looking for a word to describe the story, and "one-sided" is the perfect one. I'm able to enjoy the storyline because I'm pretty much filling in the blanks myself. I feel like I'm partially writing it as I watch because I have to assume "Well, Noah's probably been thinking about the towel incident since it happened," and "Noah probably felt like [!@#$%^&*] when Luke walked in on him and Maddie in Branson." Maybe it's because I want so much for this to be a great storyline that I'm willing to excuse the holes and one-sidedness. But like ChiTownBoi03 said, it's really gotten to the point in daytime where I just realize that nothing will ever be great again, it'll never be what it once was, so I'll just have a much better time apathetically watching the show here and there than religiously viewing it everyday. I'll just enjoy it for what it is...which is a heart-breaking thing to say about ATWT...because that's what I used to say about "Passions."

• Members

What is the SOW mailbag have to say? So I read on and the ATWT fans wanted more Luke and Noah. They were upset they weren't on more. :D I think the reason were only seeing Luke's side of the story is plain and simple. Fans care about Luke. He is very popular with the fans. So I am assuming if the writers think if the fans care about Luke. thwy will care about him finding love. So if it's Noah or Kevin or whoever. Fans will watch and care because of Luke. That's just my 2 cents worth...LOL.

• Members

I would not worry about those posters most of them don't even watch the show, the are just posters with about 1000 user names posting the same useless stuff over and over again. On the flip side every other board I visit is in love with Luke and Noah, sure there are few that don't like it, but alot more like it than dislike it. That CBS is board is just trash, they don't even moderate it.

• Members

I agree with winterguy, I think those people at CBS.com are many of the same people over and over. It's hard to take posting names like "nonHomo" very seriously. Some people don't even watch the show and are posting. Several are saying to boycott the entire SINFUL show. Obviously if you think homosexuality is a sin, the rest of the show is even worse.

These same people were boycotting interracial relationships 40 years ago. Times change and some people take longer to accept it (if ever). Hell, they're probably still boycotting it since ATWT has no people of color on contract.

The Nuke kiss was the #2 video on YouTube yesterday and the #1 Entertainment video. That's out of millions of videos. The show has an opportunity here to put some new eyeballs on the show. Whether the show can take advantage and make them want to watch regularly is entirely dependent on if they be consistently good.

Archived