AMC: Friday

• Members

So I was prepared to be disappointed by all the comments....but as I watched, I couldn't help but think 'this is good'.

First of all, I don't know how people can say the acting was horrible and cringeworthy. With the exception of Cam Mat's bugging eyes (which was annoying), I thought everyone did a great job. They were acting just like they always act, and I don't know how talking into a camera makes the acting any different from talking to another character. If today's acting was bad, then we've got a problem, bc our AMC actors must always be bad.

What I really enjoyed about the concept of today's show was that the audience was included in this storyline. We were given a chance to have insight into what the characters were thinking. They were talking to us, letting us know how they feel. I thought this was very creative. Like someone else mentioned about DAYS - had they done this where we just listen to the character's inner voice - that would have been so boring and we wouldn't have felt included. With the characters interacting with us and actually ACTING (and not just standing there with a voiceover) - it gave the audience something worth watching. It makes you feel for the character.

My heart broke when Greenlee was talking about the 3 hearts necklace - and then it jumped to Kendall finding the necklace and they both break down crying as the camera blended their scenes together.

My heart also broke when Erica was talking to Mona and wishing she was there with her - bc she knows all the answers. Then she walks by Jack, and hugs Kendall.

I WAS wondering why Aiden felt it was necessary to take Greenlee back to the 'crime scene'. It would be one thing if Greenlee didn't show remorse for what she did, but the girl is broken up over what she did to Spike. Aiden making her feel even more guilty didn't quite make sense, but I did enjoy Greenlee breaking down alone. It sounds as if Greenlee finally recognizes that she left Spike and understands why she can't be his mother. One thing I noticed though was Sabine's crazy looking nostrils. In those last scenes, did she just have some major booger problems, or are her nostrils just weird looking?

Overall the writing was good - but one line that I couldn't help but laugh at was Ryan's little "I am no hero. Dynamite Kiddo is DEAD!" LOL - that was lame.

Overall though, great idea, great episode. I've been bored most of the week, and this didn't quite help on continuing storylines....BUT it was great they included the audience and gave us some insight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a major difference from Friday's episode to the other episodes this week in reference to quality. Perhaps the actors and actresses were burnt out on this storyline and they felt tired and did some bad work. But all of the major players of this storyline were horriable. Thorsten, Alicia, Sabine, Megan, Cameron were all horrid in their scenes. Even Walt Willey was off in his scenes. The only one that was able to make gold out of their scene was Susan Lucci. Everyone else sucked that episode.

I don't agree. I thought all 6 major players did horribly with this latest episode. Zach breaking the broom was hilarious when it should have been sad and Lish's tears during that breakdown with Kendell and Greenlee were hollow and stale. I'm not even going to mention the sheer ridiculous-ness of Kendell pushing the crib against the wall. Quite honestly the entire show was just bad and even the strongest of performers buckled. The fab 6 was doing a good job until this episode. This episode was a trainwreck through and through.

The directing was awful, the writing was awful and the acting was awful.

• Members

of course, but Zach is NOT completely blameless. No one forced him to cause that blackout, a blackout that should not have happened and wouldnt have had he not played god. For him to go back that far and blame others for his troubles while not taking responsibility for his own actions at that time as well, is beyond laughable. He better not go after Ryan for this, bc that will only prove how much of a bastard he really is

• Members

Some additional thoughts...

I really didn't like the concept they went with to give us insight into the character's mind, but I very much appreciated getting insight into the character's minds. I just wish they went about it in a different way. So if I had to grade the episode one day later - it's a C+! It was an episode I wouldn't have liked a friend or family member to catch me watching because overall I don't think the stage-acting/staging (breaking the 4th wall thing) was a good translation on-screen.

I thought TK did the best job with it, his second soliloquy particularly. MCE was consistent. I think everybody overacted at least some part of at least one of their soliloquies. CM's first one, that was just terrible (MAD TV mocking soaps worthy) - the eye thing with the lighting was really bad.

On the positive notes: It foreshadowed that there's more to Annie than meets the eye, and well the character does need to be fleshed out. Because I think she's battling some level of mental illness, I liked that Kendall seemed as unbalanced in her thoughts/mind as she seems to be outwardly at the moment (and I particuarly liked getting insight into why she's acting the way she is with her son's). I liked the insight into what Zach was really thinking, he's been quiet and supportive the past few weeks and not much else. I liked Erica asking Mona for the savvy to be as good a mother to Kendall as Mona was to her difficult behind.

But please, oh please don't do it again AMC, because that really wasn't an episode for the Emmy reel (it was more so one for the SNL reel).

I don't get it, it's not like Zach causing the blackout hasn't been brought up and thrown in his face 6,000 times by Ryan, Greenlee, and Annie alone in the past few months (not to mention Kendall's rage towards him in 2006 for it). And it's not like he hasn't taken responsibility for it. It's Ryan's part in everything that unfolded that is usually white-washed over. That said, everybody including Greenlee was responsible for all the foolishness that unfolded in 2005. I will say Zach "the helper of the psuedo-dead" Slater didn't have to help Ryan fake his death and all to be holding it against him, but the same could be said for Ryan and his spanking on Zach for fighting Kenlee getting his sperm stuff (last Zach knew Ryan didn't want a baby so much so he'd fake his death).

• Members

Wow you guys are harsh. I love melodrama--I admit it and I can put up with a lot--and I thought this was a brave experiment. Not an entirely successful one but... I'm glad AMC hasn't started the "talk inside their head" thing DAYS has--if every few months we get somethign liek this instead, I'm ok with that (from yesterday's preveiw I thought today would just be another dream/nightmare episode). I actualy thought most of the writing was very good--the only bit that HAD to be cut and I have no clue how it made it was that whole "Dynamite Kiddo is dead" stuff. LOL--bloody awful.

I liked Greenlee's breakdown but was annoyed too with Aiden dragging her to the scene, etc--it just came off as unecesarily jerky

• Members

^^I'm glad you and I see eye-to-eye on this! :)

Anyway - it sounds like lots of you are thinking this is going to be a regular thing? I don't get it.... You have to know that today was a stand-alone episode. I promise next week we won't see Tad/Krystal/Adam/Stuart/Babe/JR/Colby/Sean having their own episode, talking to the camera about their inner thoughts.

C'mon now....

Archived