AMC: Favoritism

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thorsten has gotten juicy stuff since he's been on the show. He's a very popular actor with the fans and his co-workers, and he's best friends with the EP.

This thing with B&E isn't new. They aren't suddenly making them the focus. AMC has lost many of it's popular actors/characters and are rebuilding based on the ones they have. Alicia Minshew has been frontburner basically since she joined the show. This is nothing new.

• Members

The new favorites on AMC are as follows:

Kendell, Zach, Greenlee, Ryan and Annie

Anyone who is related to them (the Lavery, Kanes, Montgomery's) are all set.

Everyone else on the show is chopped liver and are only considered fluff.

• Members

The new AMC favorites? The only difference between B&E's supposed "favorites" these last three weeks and McTavish's favorites these last four years is that the Carey Whores aren't holding down the top spot.

Babe, Ryan, Kendall, JR, Zach, Krystal and Tad all dominated the screen these last four (three in Zach's case) years.

McTavish crammed Rylee/KenLee and then Ryannie down our throats just as much.

• Members

Actually, I'd say CamMat has come out of this writing change on top as well. He had no fewer than 4 soliloquies today--more than any other character. He's also been more prominently featured since B&E took over, and they're giving him plenty of hard-hitting emotional scenes (well, they'd be hard hitting and emotional if another actor were playing Ryan, I should say...). Now with Ryannie being spun out into their own story (with the stuff about Annie's family coming up) and his declaration today that he still loves Greenlee, I don't see him airtime decreasing. I think he's solidly at the top of the list of "favorites". JMO.

• Members

The fact that it's nothing new doesn't stop it from annoying me. In fact, the longer it goes on the more annoying it is. Thank God I like Greenlee or I'd be pretty unhappy right now. I do like Zen, but they are on way too much and it seems like they are always right. It gets old.

Archived