When is CBS going to wake up and fire their hack writers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly.

B&B follows a lot of Bill Bell's footsteps but it's racier, jucier in a MP-way.

It has been for the longest time and except for Brad Bell having sped his stories up a little much 3 or 4 years ago, the show is always ture to its core.

I absolutely LOVE its unique style and many people seem, otherwise it would not be the world's #1 soap...

• Members

The answer to the question is: NEVER! CBS seems to be unable to recognize the bad writing in their soap operas. Sadly, the ratings aren't as low as I hoped it would be... LML needs to go! But she never will. I can't wait for the day that I'll be able to watch Y&R again. But of course, that day will come when LML is fired. Until then, Y&R is dead to me (and many MANY many other fans).

• Members

Barbara Bloom has no [!@#$%^&*] idea how the CBS soaps function and what makes them unique. Are we forgetting that Bloom's roots are with the ABC soaps? She's spent most of her career at ABC and would probably do Frons' job better if she were head of their daytime division.

Anyway, if Y&R continues to fall, which I hope it does, Sony is gonna be pissed. I can see them making some changes then. As for the P&G soaps, PGP seems to be as equally lazy and uninterested as CBS. I hope those idiots wake up fast.

These Y&R ratings are good, because that boycott is just around the corner. LOL!

• Members

One, Brad Bell needs to be on the list too...at the very least, he needs to be taken to the woodshed and paddled until he promises NEVER to revisit a Brooke/Taylor/Man X triangle. Yes, B&B is supposed to be "campier", but that does NOT excuse rehashing BAD stories (honestly, he can't write a teen romance that isn't heaped in sleeze...is Pheobe any less insipid than Jessica Forrester (or whatever her name was) played by Maitland Ward 10-15 years ago..) and letting HALF of the actors languish without story to focus exclusively Brooke and her latest man troubles. Okay, I FLOVE KKL...but she needs to break away from bouncing between men like a whore at a Shriners convention.

I know daytime is down across the board, but CBS' decline is worrisome in that nothing really seems to give them a bounce upward anymore.

Archived