More AMC Casting News

• Members

Thanks to Superposter of the Year:

Annie's father, Walter Novak who will be hearing impaired, is to be played by Bob Hiltermann, a deaf actor. His first airdate is August 15th.

Of interest - Bob has played the drums since the age of 12 and now drums for the retro rock band Beethoven's Nightmare. Currently, other than television appearances, he is writing for his next album, teaching American Sign Language, and directing plays in Los Angeles and elsewhere. Previously he co-founded the MUSIGN theater company, which translates song into sign language.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This should be an interesting facet to the Spike deafness storyline, and kudos for AMC casting a deaf actor in the role, makes it much more real. B&E seem to be taking an interest in Annie's backstory which I like.

• Members

Boo, another reason I don't watch AMC any longer. Building a character around the horrible Annie is a very idiotic stupid move. How about bringing some old faves back. AMC was ruined by newbies and Essenstein & Brown are just as bad as McTavish(it appears) since they're casting so many newbies. I hope in a few months Essenstein & Brown lose their jobs as well.

Archived