What Changes Do You Want New Days EP Ed Scott To Make

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

balanced show with vets in the front and center, higher production value. Possibly YR writers. Recast Jeremy, bring back Shayna Rose, and end this DiMera SL. Possibly bring back a couple of favorties (Kim, Shane in particular to end thier SL) and make DOOL's last two years its best!

• Members

I'd say music, but Corday is in composes the music and is pretty much in charge of that with no one else. The music is not changing.

I pray that the SFX leave along with Wyman. Ed Scott's been on Y&R for years. Hopefully, he puts more class into DAYS.

I wouldn't mind an updated opening, finally involving characters, while keeping the hourglass as the main focus. :)

I don't know if Ed Scott could make casting decisions so early, but if he's able to, I have a few suggestions. Fire Shelley Henning and bring back Shayna Rose as Stephanie. Bring back Billy Warlock as Frankie. Offer Ashley Benson a promise for an actual story as Abby. :D

• Members

I would love Ashley Benson back and she is open to coming back but only on recurring.

There is almost no need for Stephanie whatsoever in paticular when they suddenly change Steph into a moron, whore so they can get rid of her or change the direction of the character.

• Members

Give the vets good storylines;

hold on to JM, TP, JS and LH - Days needs the DiMeras!!;

less focus on the vegas characters -- limit them to 2 or 3 days a week (instead of 9 days straight);

Put EJ and Samantha together - aka EJami - their chemistry is too intense to ignore so why not take advantage of it.

Bring Back Romance!! I'm over the bunny-sex! Real romance has been missing for way too long!!

• Members

I think some of these wishes lie more on Hogan Sheffer as head writer rather than a co-executive producer. Like someone stated above, Wyman was more in control of the day to day duties. That is why we see the SFX because he's more in charge of producing each daily episode. I bet that is where Ed Scott will fall into position. Hopefully, he can make the show look a lot better on a day to day basis. And I would love it if he were able to bring some old Y&R directors to the show. You don't know how happy I would be in that first episode where I see the show start on a flower pot in the DiMera mansion and then pan to Stefano sitting by the fireplace, reading a book. EEEE! :D

• Members

That's not Ed Scott's job. That would be the job of Hogan Sheffer, the head writer.

People get confused between the jobs of an executive producer and a head writer. Yes, all of the head writer's writing has to go through the executive producer, but the executive producer is there to produce the show in general. He should not be handing out any creative ideas unless it has something to do with how he is going to have to produce the show, like bugets, exits, returns, etc.

• Members

Many times, when we read spoilers a few weeks in advance they sound amazing..But something gets lost when its put on screen, and it comes off mediocre....I would hope that Ed Scott could fix that and take whats written in the scrip and really bring it to life...Also canning the SFX is a good start, and hopefully making the action scenes (car accidents, sword fights, explosions, ect) look more realistic...

• Members

The show is balanced now, vets are front and center now. I agree on recast Jeremy. Defininitely a big no to the horrible acting of Shayna Rose. I like Shelley Hennig as Steph. She's an improvement IMHO. How about making DAYS last much longer than the socalled "DAYS last two years"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% that DAYS needs the DiMeras. I agree about less focus on the younger characters & Vegas. I definitely DO NOT want EJ and Sami together. Would make me spew !!

I'm not sure I'd get rid of EJ, and IMHO, James Scott(EJ) is definiely not dead weight. He's very imporant in the DiMera storyline and Scott's a good actor too. I just don't want him paired with Sami, maybe pair him with Kate or Billie. I also think Jeremy Horton is not dead weight, however I agree that Trevor Donavan probably should be replaced. I also agree that Leann Hunley should be on contract and per Jason47, she is.

Archived