DAYS: Thursday, July 19

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These Island scenes have some excellent lighting. It gave a good feel that they were really outdoors unless they were outdoors?

I am uber glad that they don't seem to be dragging out this whole Tony on an Island thing. I think they learned their lesson last time from Tindo Lau.

• Members

I wish Kristian Alfonso would just cut her hair. When she does that thing with her hair, like today, she looks good. She looks great with short hair. I remember last year, during a day ahead preview, Kristian's hair was like it is today and the boards went into an uproar. "Kristian cut her hair!" She looked great. And then, in the episode, it was revealed that Kristian's hair was just up and she pulled it out. I like it.

When's the last time we got a sole Sami/Hope scene? During Reilly's era, the two women hated each other. I'm glad they are like this now. They're believable as aunt and niece.

I love Marlena's happiness to see her good friend after 20 years! I get so excited when John and Marlena go travelling. Anna cracks me up! LMAO!!! :lol:

"Why have I been summoned to this low-rent beer haul?" -- Stefano DiMera, 7/19/07 :lol:

I love how Rolf just sits in the background. He's no longer that cartoonish mad scientist. Great improvement.

• Members

This was the real Tony Dimera. Thank you Hogan for fixing the past mistakes of previous writers who made Tony a cartoon. Tony is suave and sexy and man, did he look it today. I loved it. Tony is now a viable hero, not a villian. This is what makes me tune in full time. THank you Hogan

• Members

Great epi, although Thursdays usually are.

I loved the Anna plus Jarlena stuff on the plane although I wish John could kiss Marlena without sucking her whole face off. I seriously don't remember it being that bad before John went in his coma, did he always kiss her that way? Because it's just so gross. In any event though, I love the reunion Marlena had with Tony and the stuff with Anna was funny. I can't wait to see Anna and Tony's reunion. And I can't wait to see the real Tony meet the brother he never knew in EJ. I am still confused though if they are going to play it like the real Tony and John Black are brothers when that DNA test would have been with Andre so I hope they clear that up. Oh and something else that I hated was those pointless island girl stereotypes that they saddled Tony with. WTF was their point other than to satisfy Sheffer's chauvinistic harem fantasies of the ideal deserted island lifestyle? I'm so sick of the pointless sexism of this show.

The Stefano-Bo-Pop Shawn stuff was CHILLING. Love that Andre's fall off the building seems to have brought back Stefano's mean streak. Because as much as I am really really scared for what Stefano is going to do to everyone when he talks about ending the feud his way, I think his bloodthirst is a bit more believable than him just wanting to play matchmaker between EJ and Sami (although I still still hope this feud storyline ends with EJ and Sami getting married... and no matter who the daddy is/daddies are I don't want either of those babies to die but Stefano is so mean now I'm worried Hogan will kill more helpless Salem babies)

Loved the juxtaposition of Sami's conversation with Hope and EJ's visit to Lucas. I just thought those scenes were edited well together. I'm glad that Hope finally got Sami to be honest about what she is feeling so we can really know what she thinks about EJ and Lucas without having her thoughts and words distorted through the prism of Sami soothing her husband's ego or punishing EJ or worrying about what her mom thinks of her. I was also glad they once again brought up the fact that Sami did try to kill EJ reminding viewers that EJ wasn't the only one who has done the hurting in their relationship. But mostly I'm just happy that Sami is demonstrating some self-awareness about herself and how she herself has been forgiven for things she's done so she is not being so hypocritical about things. Loved the thank you from Sami to EJ for making that truce happen too. Could have done without the phonyness of the line from Sami about being the "luckiest woman in the world" but at least the actors played it right in that when you saw Lucas and Sami's faces neither of them seemed to believe it.

All in all a good ep. Once again I just can't wait to see Anna and Tony reunited tomorrow!

• Members

I think I would be a happy camper if Hogestyn, Datillo, and Taylor were fired; such bad actors, and as the years go on, it becomes more obvious. Loved the Sami and Hope scenes, as well as Stefano and Bo. Although sometimes I wonder what the writers must think when they watch the show; the john and marlena kissing scenes were repulsive; they are close to 60 years old. Any scene between EJ and Lucas is ridiculous; Lucas is a little runt that EJ could step on

• Members

Loved seeing John and Marlena on the plane, love their kissing :) it was nice to see some light moments between them and Anna and the scenes on the Island.

Not a big fan of Sami, just not my cup of tea...but am really enjoying Hope and thought Bo and Stef were good.

Glad to have a break from Santeen. I enjoyed seeing Marlena and Hope have something to do yesterday...but the letters are really not that exciting or romantic.

Something I noticed.....why didn't Tony ask Marlena about Eric and Carrie (he is her step-father!) I hate that they leave out details like this, just so Marlena can talk about Sami, which is really annoying to me, and one of the reasons the show as a whole is boring.

• Members

That is a very good point about Eric and Carrie.

And something else...

how funny was it that Hope insisted she would hide the picture of Santo from Lucas so he wouldn't have to see it? It's so funny how pathetic and insecure all of Sami's family knows that Lucas is that they have to walk on eggshells to protect his ego so he doesn't freak out about things.

• Members

It was a good show today.

I LOVED the return of "Old" Tony. His reunion with Marlena brought a tear to my eye and I loved his filling them in and him not wanting to return. It was so good to hear Tony not call Stefano "father." I feel like sending Hogan a thank you note for this. Thaoo and Dee looked like they loved these scenes.

I also loved J&M and Anna. Hunley is amazing and Drake was hilarious with her today. The scenes were so cute and classic Days.

I just knew "old" Stefano would return and he is full force. I have said all along that Stefano is still the same old Stefano but is playing up the weak and ill factor. We saw that today and now it's clear he and Andre are going to drive this feud. The scenes with him, Bo, and Shawn Sr were chilling. I am also loving Rolf's role as a doctor and nothing more.

Lucas/EJ and Sami/Hope were good. i am glad they went the mature route with Lucas and EJ. Good scenes. I also love Hope interacting Hope and Sami. Sami should've been involved with these people ages ago. They are family, afterall. The acting and dialogue was great and I just enjoyed it all.

I can't wait for tomorrow. This week has been great and I hope for a great end to it.

• Members

What a fantastic show..first off give me more John, Marlena, and Anna.they were hilarious together...The Tony and Marlena reunion was so sweet...Its just weird seeing John being introduced to Tony...They can get a lot of leverage over the fact that Tony doesn't know any of the new people in salem....Kate can also be thrown into the mix of tony, anna, and roman..Especially now that Tony isn't a horrible person...And Stefano vs. Bo was awesome, also it was great getting Shawn Sr. in the mix...Sami and Hope were wonderful, i love their bond..Lucas and EJ were the lowpoint of the episode for me...

• Members

I just got to watch this episode, and I'm so glad I only have to wait an hour for the next one because I can't wait to see what happens next! I absolutely loved this show. Bo and Stefano were riveting and chilling, and I'm afraid of what Stefano has planned. But I love that he's back to his old evil self. That's the villain I love to hate!

So happy to see the real Tony and can't wait for him to be reunited with Anna. Her scenes on the plane with J/M were so cute; I just love her. I agree with a lot of others that the J/M kissing is a little much. That's about all John's had to do lately, although I liked his line about feeling insecure and then modeling his own outfit. It's nice to have these fun scenes. One thing does bug me, though. Much has been made of Tony being gone for 20 years, and John coming on the scene afterwards. So how old is Belle? I know this is one of those timeline things that soaps always mess up because of SORASing and it doesn't really matter, but it does bother me just a little bit every time it's mentioned. It's a small thing, though, and I can ignore it for the sake of the story.

Sami and Hope--I think this was an extremely important conversation. Finally, we got to hear Sami's real feelings and thoughts on EJ without her having to filter it because of Lucas's insecurities. She made some good points, especially when she was talking about the horrible things she has done and how her family forgave her and gave her another chance. I also liked her talking about her friendship with EJ and how they understood each other because that's one of the things I always liked best about them--EJ knew Sami for the schemer and manipulator she's always been and didn't care, he accepted her for who she is, without trying to change her. Lucas's love has always been conditional on Sami changing and becoming a "better" person; EJ simply loves Sami as she is. Now,on the shallow side--I love the top Sami has been wearing for the last couple days. However, I hate Hope's hair in that short in the back, long in the front style. They probably do it because KA has such a long neck that short hair in the front isn't especially flattering on her, but I'd still prefer it all short, or all long.

Archived