DAYS: Lisa Rinna question?

• Members

Why was Lisa Rinna fired from DAYS in 2002? TPTB did everything they could to get her back and then they wanted to rest Billie only to ask Lisa Rinna back again but she declined and they hired Julie Pinson instead. Did JER want her back in 2003 and what was the reason she did not return and Julie Pinson got hired the next year 2004? What was the hold up of her returning in 1999 when Krista Allen left and in 2001 after 9/11? Do y'all think her return would have been more of a success if she would have returned as soon as Krista left or if she would have returned during James E. Reilly's Era since he created the character?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She had a falling out with TPTB. They promised she wouldn't be used as a Bope interloper and then proceded to do exactly that. I also remember her complaining about having to wear a cop uniform, LOL.

• Members

Yep and JER only brought her back because he needed to add her to the Bo/Hope story to make a quad with Patrick. He had Patrick brought on for Jen but moved him towards Bo and Hope because the Hotrick pairing caught on for a bit. I think he wanted to bring her back sooner because Bo went after Billie in January of 2004 but Days couldn't get Lisa Rinna back then so they waited and finally brought Pinson on later that year.

• Members

She was told that she would not be brought back to break up Bo and Hope, and that's the only reason JER brought her back. She spent her last stint wearing a cop uniform all the time, and she had the same old tired dialogue day after day. When it was revealed that Billie had (inadvertently?) helped Larry Welch kidnap Hope, the fans turned against her and got vicious. Lisa wanted out because this character she loved was being destroyed, and her storyline was not endearing her to her fans. She was not well received, and she had better things to do with her time than humor JER's sick, twisted mind. :-)

• Members

I'm sorry. You're exactly right. Whenever I think "stupid triangle," I think JER.

But you're exactly right. My goof.

I loved Brash & Cwikly. I thought they tried really hard to do something with the show. But the Billie story bombed badly.

• Members

Lisa Rinna is a fantastic actress and it's a shame her return to DAYS didn't work out. I thought Julie Pinson was brilliant on PC, but she is just dreadful on DAYS. I can't explain it, but she's adopted the stereotypical bad soap opera acting. I also HATE her hair. She needs to go back to her gorgeous long brown hair. She has helmut hair and the highlights are bad.

Back to Lisa, I wonder if we'll ever see her back in daytime? Right now she has a big gig with TV Guide, is doing Broadway and could probably get some primetime gigs. I recall she was up for a role on My Name is Earl, but was too glamourous to play trailer trash.

Would love to see her pop up on B&B someday! Lauren Koslow too. Margo was a fabulous character for her and she wouldn't be wasted like on DAYS.

• Members

I'm actually glad it's not Lisa Rinna on our screens right now because that woman annoys me like h*ll. I love love Pinson and I love her acting. Her chemistry with Rachel is great and I can not see Lisa playing Chelsea's mom, I just can't.

About her hair. Despite from these highlights she always looks good. She looked so pretty right after she went away to marry Billy Warlock. Loved the bangs.

• Members

Lisa Rinna's Billie was always my favorite Billie, and she made Billie my all time favorite DAYS character. Even though Billie is a shell now and sucks big time, I like having her around, she's been around for over 15 years.

At one point, I seen SOD compare Lisa's Billie to being the next Marlena. But now Billie has gone down the path of Roman. Billie was never a bad girl, she was always insecure and they have used this character to pimp up Hope, end of story.

Archived