AMC: Why is Sydney still in the opening?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't on the website, it was in the magazine. It said something like "we contacted a show representative regarding Taylor Gildersleeve and she has confirmed that the actress is no longer with the show".

It wasn't a big story, it was located at the bottom right corner of a page. It's usually the part where they mention little rumors and stuff. I think it's called "This Just In" or something.

• Members

Sydney was last seen on screen in mid to late November. Colby didn't like how close Sydney and Sean were getting so she started placing objects from the Chandler house in her beg to bust her for stealing them. That story was dropped as was Sydney. Christ she hasn't even been mentioned. I wonder if Taylor had schooling conflicts or something or other. Why else would a show keep paying her and not work her at all?

LOL Julie Hanan Carruthers lied then. A month or so ago she said in one of the mags that Taylor was still part of the show and we will see seeing her soon. Like wtf was the point of lying? LOL.

• Members

Finally we get some news about her status...and finally we can get her out of the opening.

I went through my tapes a couple months ago - and Sydney was last regularly seen on November 8, where she was fighting with Colby over Sean, as Colby placed a second item in her purse to frame her for stealing.

Sydney's last episode was November 30 - during a Thanksgiving episode - where she was in the Chandler Mansion for Thanksgiving. That was the last day we saw her - and she has never even been mentioned since. Not during Christmas, not during the Jenny storyline when Winifred was fired and everyone got kicked out of the mansion, and not during any of the Colby/Sean/Ava stuff. Absolutely nothing - and I'm ok with that!

• Members

She may not have been lying at the time. Obviously Megan McTavish saw a need for the Sydney character, as she introduced Sydney to the canvas, but the new HWs may not, so Taylor has since been let go. Not that I'm defending JHC or anything, it's just a posibility.

• Members

Meh. Who cares? She wasn't horrible, but the character wasn't needed at all. I hated all that Sydney/Colby stuff last year, but at least now Colby has grown into a VERY likable (in fact one of the few AMC characters I still like--up there with Zach and Di and Amanda) character. I just don't understand why they could pay to bring on a newbie (and spend the $$ to add her to the credits and never show her again) when they could have had the other side in a triangle with Colby and Sean be Petey Cortlandt!

I mean, how fun would it be if Sean, Colby and Petey (well, hopefully going by Peter now) were all involved in a story together? It could bring story for Jack, Erica, Barbara, Lily, (and hell, Kendall and Greenlee, if they gave to sh#ts about their relaitives), Adam, JR, Liza (if they'd wise up and bring her back), Tad (yes, Tad, remember you have FOUR brothers--Jeff, Jake, Adrian and Peter), Opal, Palmer, Joe, Ruth, etc....

This seems so obvious to me...which means AMC will never go there.

Archived