AMC: The evolution of Kendall Hart Slater

• Members

I've been thinking alot lately on how much over the last 5 years Kendall Hart, played by Alicia Minshew, has matured.

I mean you think back to when Kendall first returned to town, she was a selfish, manipulative semi villainous and above all a real bitch! And we loved that Kendall, at least I did. But five years ago if you'd ask me if Kendall Hart would be happily married and secure in her marriage, with a one year old son she adores and another child on the way I would have said um not this girl.

The simple fact is along the way this girl has matured into such a remarkable woman. It all started IMO when she connected with Bianca after Michael raped her and impregnated her. Kendall pretended to be pregnant for her to avoid the anguish. I mean talk about selfless. Then Kendall offers to carry Greenlee and Ryan's baby to help Greenlee move on and sure it didn't all go according to plan but the fact that Kendall Hart was ready to carry a baby that was hers and just hand it to Greenlee OMG. But yet she is considered a villain for doing this?

Above all, her pairing with Zach totally solidified her metamorphosis. He essentially is her perfect match. He is the first man ever in her life to do what is best for her, above all. Always putting her feelings first and above all always laying it all out on the line for her to see and make a choice. Sometimes not up front but in the end he puts it all out there.

Since McTavish has been gone the maturity in Kendall has really began to solidify even more. She was ok with Ryan and Annie getting married. She is committed 100% to her family. Kendall Hart no longer comes first, Spike, Zach, the new baby, they all come ahead of her.

I love my girl Kendall Hart more and more each day and sure I loved the original Kendall but this incarnation just makes her even that much more of a remarkable woman.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great post!! I absolutely adore Kendall!! Bitchy or loving, I can take her either way. I love her bitchiness towards Greenlee and other who try to hurt her, but I love her devotion to her family. She's definately a great leading lady for AMC. :)

• Members

She matured quite a bit under MMT especially with the rape storyline but I dont know what happen but MMT made her regress and wrote one of the worst Kendall ever. Thank god she's gone bc Kendall is once again standing as the great character that she is

• Members

Yep I agree with your post. Kendall is one of my favorite characters of all time on AMC and she has definitely matured into a woman who has redeeming qualities and is not the hateful, vindictive, bitch she was under Sarah Michelle Gellar. Now I will be the first to say I absolutely loved Kendall under SMG but that was just a vindictive and cruel Kendall. With Alicia Minshew, you have Kendall as a bitch but also as a loving person. She has shown many times over the years how she puts others above herself (comforting Erica the night of the storm, agreeing with the pregnancy ruse to have Bianca avoid prison time for killing Michael, having a baby for Greenlee/Ryan, telling Zach if there was a chocie to save her or Spike to save Spike)....I just love the sefless Kendall and how she is standing up to Greenlee these days. One of the best sister relationships ever in daytime IMO would have to be Kendall/Bianca.....especially during the Late 2003/Early 2004 time period. I mean their scenes were just so tender and warm and touching and it showed a real strong bond between them and who would have thought they would bond especially after how they disliked each other immensely? I am very satisfied with how Kendall has grown up and is not about revenge the way she was under SMG....but both SMG and AM have done excellent portrayals of Kendall and she is an all around great character who never bores me.

Archived