ALL: Let's review the first 5 months of 2007...

• Members

Anyways, I was thinking of doing this after March ended, and thought about doing it after every three months of the year, but didn't get a chance at that time and then I just forgot... been busy with work and studying.. anyways...

What was good, what was great on your soaps in the first 5 months? Lets concentrate on the good stuff... I think all soaps need some positivity now...

I would like to hear from all soaps' fans, because a friend of mine and I are compiling a list of best work in daytime each year, and we were really following a lot of stuff this year, so I thought maybe we could do it like this...

So I'll start...

What I liked this year on my soaps (DAYS and GH):

DAYS

The whole Chelsea/Nick/Billie... maybe it was unnecessary for it to happen, but it still gave us some great acting when the affair was revealed! Blake, Rachel and Julie all deserve props for those scenes!

I can't actually think more for DAYS... LOL

GH

I LOVED the Hostage Crisis... I think we had a lot of good performances there and plus.. it gave us Maxie & Coop! :D

After the Crisis the show did lose on quality, but I still like it... This year, I liked the performances of Julie Berman and Anthony Geary in the latest "Luke raped Laura: Lulu's revelation" scenes...

I always enjoy Brad Anderson's (Spinelli) performances...

I liked Steve Burton's performance when he was looking down on Liz while being operated on... it was the first time ever I actually liked Burton's acting!

I liked Leslie Charlton and Jane Elliott during Alan's dying scenes...

I'm sure there were more scenes, but these come to my mind...

Now I would like to hear from you... :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT: The GOOD:

We seem to be getting alot more use of our vets on our screens lately, mainly Lucinda, Kim and Susan. Carly is back, Noah has arrived in town, a slight return to business storylines which is great, also there has been some great family drama storylines with Lily/Faith/Holden. The new Luke and Maddie friendship. The Return of Scott Bryce as Craig. The actor that plays Parker.

ATWT: The BAD:

The girl known as Cleo "rabbit" Bobbit". The fact that ms. Bobbit has been on screen more times than Luke Snyder has all year. The fact that Will and Gwen's lives are shoved down our throats yet there storyline never moves from point a to point b. The fact that we now have this so called couple named KACK which makes me sick. The fact that Katie is on screen nearly everyday kissing her latest man. The fact that Meg is still has boring as ever. The fact that the show brought back a fan favorite Adam munson and turned him into a rapist and a nut. The fact that Barbara Ryan has not been on even 20 days this year out of over 100 shows. The fact that Paul has "visions". The fact that nearly all the residents in Oakdale live on Emma's farm, and the fact that we only see Emma's kitchen. I could go on and on.

Y&R: The Good:

All of the family drama that has taken place

Y&R: The Bad:

The fact that it is so boring I have not watched in over 2 weeks, the fact that storylines are dropped and then picked up a month later, and the fact that LML can only tell one storyline at a time.

B&B: The Good:

lots of good storylines in the early part of the year

B&B: got so boring that I have not really been watching much

• Members

ATWT

CHEERS

-Scott Bryce as Craig

-Craig takes over WorldWide

-Lily/Faith

-Parker/Faith

-The five seconds Kim, Nancy, Lisa, Bob and Barbara are onscreen.

-Em, the ho.

-Jade.

JEERS

-Jennifer Landon

-Katie Peretti

-Jack & Katie

-Whoever the hell decided to cast Austin Peck should be euthanized.

-Pissy Paul

-Lame ass Meg

-Dustintled Moral Police and Resident Thug Dusty "Dustbag/Dustmite" Donovan

-Alison's troubles.

-Maddie, Will, Casey

-Susan's constant Em/Dusty pimping

DAYS

CHEERS

-Kate

-Victor

-Sami's wedding.

-Celeste's daddy seance

JEERS

-The never ending Claire story

-Oh-Ahing Marlena

-Brainwashed Steve

-Willow

-Nick and Chelsea (they've become tiresome... I'm over them)

• Members

Based on the first six months of 2007, I think 2007 is one of the worst years for soaps yet.

AMC is clearly making some changes because it is watchable now.

DAYS is bringing back some oldies, and that's been good so far.

I can't think of much else.

• Members

The best thing that has happened so far this year in daytime across the board is Megan McTavish being fired from AMC :)

But yes, 2007 has been a bad year for soaps.

Passions cancelled by NBC, DAYS basically giving a shelf life of two years.

Y&R completely out of touch with its identity.

Cady McClain fired from AMC only for "ratings" in January

Lots of bad things have happened this year in daytime....

• Members

AMC-Zach and Kendall having a baby. Zach deserves this second chance and Kendall deserves to be happy from the start of her pregnancy imho. Rock on Amelia Bianca Hart Slater! :) Adam getting away from Krystal-finding his manhood. Di being featured more.

ATWT-Henry and Vienna :wub:

• Members

Yeah, but then they go & hire a couple of hacks like Brown & Essenstein, so what good really? Hell, they may as well have brought back JPiss.

Everything surrounding Drucilla & Sharon's fall off the cliff, and the weeks leading up to it, was can't-miss Y&R.

The remarkable 180 the DAYS writers were able to do with Chelsea.

The Jack vs Nikki Senatorial race has been damn good too, I must say.

• Members

Anything was a step up from McTavish and I will reserve judgement until I actually see them putting stuff on screen. I loved their Loving/The City so my experience with them has been anything but "hacky" LOL thanks Angie for coining a new word around here ;)

But to each their own.

• Members

I'm only going to post good stuff because other people are more than covering the bad:

ATWT

* Tom's heart attack and his family coming together around Margo at the hospital

* Margo becoming Chief, Margo doubting her parenting

* Parker (great, great child actor) and Faith befriend Paul.

* Carly, in her return -- she's being so multidimensionally written, she's spirited, and Maura West's acting is great.

* Socially relevant storyline -- Faith's purging and Lily's diet-pill addiction

GL

* 70th anniversary episode -- tribute to Irna Phillips

* Gus's ITL episode where he goes back to his home neighborhood, Alan gets involved, and we get to know Natalia better (Natalia, Rafe, and Cyrus Foley are all great new characters)

* The acting in the scenes between Buzz and Olivia surrounding their almost-wedding

• Members

Preety much every story that started good on Days soon turned into a Mess.

the best? Lumi Wedding.

the worst? preety much everything else,from Max suddenly dumping Mimi and falling for abby,the horrendous writing for Sami as the crying passive victim,EJ stuck in every story,the Steve/Kayla mess,Shawn and Belle back to being moron's and throwing their baby daughter into the ocean so she wont suffer and live with rich people etc.

Archived