GL: Popular MTV star joining cast?

• Members

On what I believe was the season finale of Run's House, a major storyline was Vanessa auditioning for Guiding Light. She did a table read with the Casting Director, then did a screentest with Remy. At the end of the show she got a call from the Casting Director and starting screaming. It sounded like a happy scream, but they didn't reveal anything else.

So does anyone know anymore details? She could already be on the show for all I know, I haven't watched GL in a long while. The character was named Reena I believe and she was better than Remy which isn't saying much.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she did get the role, it would definitely be smart of GL to hold off until the shows season ends so they could promote it. It seems likely that she got the role since they still haven't cast any females in her age range, or for Remy.

This could be good news for GL. Imagine if they sent a few cast members to TRL to promote it, or just some general promos for her joining the show. This is about the only thing I can see them getting any kind of bump, even if it's small and temporary. Run's House is one of the highest rated shows on MTV, now also being played on BET and on DVD.

Hopefully we hear something about this soon. I can't imagine them devoting half of their finale to this GL audition if it wasn't goint to count. The only time they've shown the girls working is when they actually get a job. Hell, I didn't even know Vanessa wanted to be an actress before this. But this week they showed her in acting class and acknowledged that she'd been on 15 unsuccessful auditions.

• Members

But, wouldn't the soap mags be a buzz if she got the part? We might have too wait till next season of Run's House, too find out if she actually got it! I will be very excited if she turns up in Springfield! :)

Maybe they can cast Justine as her mother! :lol: J/K............................

Archived