• Members

Let me clarify. I'm not saying I believe Tad would have resented Kate. Most likely, he would've worshipped Kate as his only living link connecting him with Dixie (had she actually died the first time). But Tad's also shown himself to be a resentful and spiteful person, and having gone through the Bess storyline with T&D, I never found it a stretch that Dixie would feel that way. Tad's shown plenty of ill will toward JR because he resents the fact that JR thinks of Adam as his father first -- which he should. Tad only likes JR and sees Dixie in him when he does things Martin like. Tad doesn't accept the fact that JR is a combination of both Adam and Dixie and will exhibit traits of both parents, thereby not accepting JR as a whole. Tad's parenting skills are iffy all across the board. He's shown favoritism for his biological son over his step son, even though he calls both of them his "boys," his "sons." He encourages Jamie to make destructive decisions and teaches such irresponsibility by example (sleeping with married women, kidnapping babies, rendering men unconscious and stripping them in public... and have I mentioned stuffing men in boxes and burying them alive? Oh, I have? Sorry.). He also doesn't believe there should be consequences and/or side effects for his actions or the actions of the people he deems as "good."

I am actually surprised that Jamie finally admitted to never apologizing for his part in the GBS. He's spent the past two years showing no remorse.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived