Days:Tony Dimera rumor

• Members

Rumor has surfaced that the idea was pitched a couple months back by Hogan that Tony's upcoming return be the first time since the 1980's that the REAL Tony Dimera has returned to Salem. If it will be going this route, it would mean that since 1993, the Tony everyone has seen was Andre or another imposter all along. Concerning Andre killing himself in Aremid and his return as "Tony" in 2002, he simply paid off the medical examiners who exhumed the coffin to say it was Andre's remains. Again, this is nothing for sure.

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/5556.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who is US?

A majority of Days fans want to see the real Tony, not the trash he became under JER. Not only did JER destroy Tony's history but he destroyed the very essence of his character. If they do this, while it may be a cop out, Hogan would be erasing all the character destruction that happened to Tony. I can only hope that they somehow reverse the re-write of him as Stefano's son. The only time in recent years Tony was close to right was under B&C in 2002. That is it.

• Members

I would accept this explanation if it would mean we could get back the Tony I loved so much. I know some people will consider it a cop-out, but Tony was so thoroughly destroyed that the only way he could be fixed is to wipe out the last 15+ years. I'll gladly pretend it was Andre or a clone or whatever explanation the writers concoct.

• Members

COP OUT! :angry:

Please, Hogan, I pray that you do not go the Andre route. There's potential story there for Hogan to write Tony's lack of mental stability from the blood transfusion. Andre is not needed. Tony can be redeemed.

• Members

I agree. In one of my theories I suggested that Tony's insanity was a result of his rare blood disease not really being cured, but going in and out of remission. After all, it was this disease that left him crazy enough to fake his own death and frame John for it in the first place. It's very easy to say that disease came out of remission and caused him to orchestrate the Salem Stalker scheme.

Plus, the 1980s Tony only has connections to a handful of characters still on the canvas, and the only connection of any importance is Marlena. The modern era Tony has established relationships with not only Marlena, but John, Roman, Sami, Kate, Abe, Lucas, Victor, and so on.

• Members

I really doubt the writers will do this anyway. It's stated it's a rumor and that Hogan just pitched the idea. They probably pitch a lot of different ideas and scenarios, most of which we never see onscreen. I just want the real Tony back and not some cartoon megalomaniac who wants to rule the world. I don't understand why all the villains want to rule the world anyway; seems like a thankless job.

Archived