AMC: Eva LaRue & Sarah Michelle Gellar on Julia Barr's firing

• Members

I don't think SMG and SL got along from almost the beginning, so I wouldn't say their problems were because of the Emmy (Sarah has almost finished taping at AMC when the Emmy came along, though I do wonder if she would have asked to be let out of her contract early if it wasn't for the tension). Sydney Penny herself put it more on Sarah's behavior, and they are/were close friends. I think Sydney said Sarah and some of the younger girls (including Sydney) had a "clique" and Sarah was juvenile about it (again she was a kid), more or less. Sarah was probably "childish" (she was a child) a few times, maybe it rubbed Susan the wrong way. And it was probably something they never overcame with each other after the first few wrong turns.

I hated when SMG/SL were not working together back then, because my preferred story for both actors at the time was the Kendall/Erica relationship - but yeah I do totally buy they had to keep them seperated after a while because that's pretty much what they did on-screen the last year and change.

Oh and kudos to Eva for the comments.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing I hate about Susan is the fact she never opens her damn trap about anything. She sees all these veterans being written out and the show in general being run into the ground, yet she just sits back and says nothing. Um, Lucci, you have more power than anyone in the cast, [!@#$%^&*] USE IT FOR ONCE!

At least Sarah and Eva said something about it, it shows that they care. Can we say the same for Susan?

I guess as long as Lucci is still getting air-time, she'll remain ignorant about what's happening around her.

• Members

I think I understand what you're talking about. Whenever Susan's at the Emmys or another type of awards show, she always seems to be putting on an act or being fake. But when I watch her Intimate Portrait or the AMC episode of "Biography," she comes off as a lot more natural and more approachable. She also did some specials for TVLand last year too, where she seemed more...I don't know the word...natural.

• Members

She's not going to say anything, because it might piss off some of the upper brass. And then she wouldn't be the same beloved, angelic La Lucci in the eyes of the bosses anymore... and she can't have that!

• Members

To be fair, I doubt they would have said anything if they were still employed by ABCD/AMC. Eva's got a good prime-time career. And Sarah had a terrific prime-time career and now is a psuedo movie-star!

I do agree with you to a point Y&R. I do think (and that's all we can do since we don't know for a fact, think) she can get more accomplished than she actually attempts to get accomplished - by speaking up. In some ways I respect that about her, that she doesn't seem to try to command the universe despite how big she is - but in other ways it can be a bit annoying.

• Members

I love that LaRue is so proud of her daytime routes. Read her interview on SOD.com for clear evidence of this.

I am also so happy to see her speak out about Julia's exit. They need to get Julia back ASAP to either A) give her a proper exit or B) offer her a long term contract because there are so many stories left for Brooke.

• Members

I don't blame susan for not opening her mouth, they are getting rid of actresses over 40 left to right. Why would she put herself on the sh!t list??? I would definantly do the same. Susan has never been outspoken, so why would she be now, I attribute that to her personality and she doesn't like any type of controversy. She strictly keeps her interviews specifically talking about amc and not her life. When her dad died and when her husband had cancer she said nothing, but did so later on her intimate portrait. I can't hate a person for wanting to have a private life and wanting to avoid controversy especially in her line of work. An how do you know susan doesn't care? For all you know she said something to Julia privately. An of course eva and SMG can say whatever they want they aren't on amc anymore so tptb could care less.

• Members

I love that Eva LaRue spoke out about this and I second her opinion and am still upset at the lack of exit they gave to Brooke and the shaddy treatment to such a legendary character and longtime veteran. I do know Susan Lucci said something about VI and JB being fired and just said she was upset about it but did not have a lot of emotion in it probably because if she really spoke out no holds barred it would upset TIIC at ABC and her career could be put in jeopardy or they would just make her life a living h#ll....I also find it interesting that SMG is the only actress/actor on AMC over its 37 years on the air to have a problem with La Lucci and I think that speaks volumes on SMG's behavior and I know for a fact it was SMG who was the problem and certainly not Lucci. As someone here put it, Lucci does not want controversy and my good friend from New York City told me about how spoiled and bratty SMG is but either way I still like SMG and find her to be a great actress and did a great job as Kendall...I hope ABC gets Julia Barr back and they give Brooke a story I certainly miss her catfights with Erica but now I am loving the fighting between Barbara and Erica.

Good for LaRue for speaking out and yes I saw it last week when I read the magazine and just said, "you go girl"..glad to see both LaRue and Gellar are keeping up on AMC and I am also loving LaRue's character on CSI: Miami. I just hope they don't put her with sanctimonious Horatio Cane (David Caruso's character)

Archived