This Sickens Me

Pine Charles

• Members

I was alerted to these homemade videos from a MySpace bulletin. I just can’t believe some people. As you can see, they capture a cat in a net and spray something in the cat’s eyes. They then laugh as it cries out in pain. There are other videos of them shooting various animals (including cats) with guns. Maybe some people don’t care because they're "just animals", but I find this vile.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've reported them, emailed PETA, reposted the bulletin on MySpace, ect. Hopefully the account will be pulled by morning. Sadly, they'll still continue to torture and abuse animals for "fun" (regardless of a pulled YouTube account). The only thing you can do is bring attention to it. So many don't seem to care.

• Members

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think it'd be a good idea to take this off the board. It really upset me, and I know it's gonna get to a lot of other people. No one should have to to see that :( :(

• Members

I’ve seen so many videos that have left me in tears. The reason I posted this was to bring attention to it. Many seem to laugh at PETA and think the whole idea of animal rights is a joke.

No one has to watch the video. I explain what happens in it beforehand.

• Members

Actually, I ask that no one reports this person to YouTube.

From PETA:

Regarding sites like Myspace and Youtube, please immediately bring any offensive videos to PETA’s attention by e-mailing us at [email protected]. We require a direct link to the video and to the poster’s Web page. Do not post angry comments, and do not complain to the social-networking or video-sharing site about the video, as it might remove the video before PETA has the opportunity to investigate. As a precaution, please download the video and save the Web page/user profile so that PETA can be sure to view both. After our investigation, we will petition the site to remove the video and delete the user’s account.

http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/onlinecruelty.asp

They seem to be from a foreign country, so it will probably be hard to get them on any crime.

• Members

Good for YOU, Pine Charles!

Honestly, I wouldn't have thought to do all of that.

I am BIG on kindness to animals. I've always held a deep affection for them; I've often related to them more than humans, and think of them as no less than dignified creatures that deserve respect and love.

I will not watch the clip.

Archived