Days:Stephanie Johnson cast!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was the perfect Stephanie. NBC (and perhaps some of its viewers) have a mindset that ever actor and actress must be a supermodel. That was her only weak point. She was only hated by some as Stephanie -- or perceived to be Miscast" -- because she didn't hit CBS daytime, which would have welcomed her with open arms.

• Members

This newbie is cute as a button though more than pretty in my judgement and that is a Stephanie should-be look. I think Shayna had that look, too. I was thinking that with Kayla and Max getting closer, that Stephanie and Max could work together and have a good relationship like Nick and Abby had. There is no need to make it awkward when it can be enhanced. They are both race car drivers, though and I was so much hoping Days would write that out.

• Members

I was not a fan of Shayna Rose as Stephanie in the beginning. When word broke out that she won the role and we saw pictures of her, I thought instant miscast. Once she showed up, I saw that she was a pretty decent actress. She didn't have the generic NBC look either, which I liked. They chose her for her abilities, not looks. I see Shelly Henning falling into the opposite category. That's just my prediction, seeing as how I haven't seen her on screen yet. She's beautiful, but we may have another Nadia Bjorlin on our hands. :unsure:

• Members

That's my biggest problem with this decision. I just hope that the show approached Shayna, but she turned them down. Because I feel that's pretty rude to fire Shayna, with all intentions to bring Stephanie back, and then replace her with some new actress.

• Members

I remember reading a few weeks after Shayna's dismissal that Days was basically going to make her almost like a recurring character. I remember someone even posted the info on SON and it gave you the feeling that Stephanie would come home for visits and Shayna seemed ok with something like that, providing she was available.

I wonder if Days changed their mind and came up with a more long-term plan for Stephanie and Shayna was then committed to something else, thinking if Days ever called it would be a short-term appearance sort of thing.

I don't see Days firing Shayna only to bring in another actress a few months later. I am thinking something along the lines of my theory is what happened or maybe they simply wanted to go in another direction.

Archived