DAYS: Temporary recast for Abby...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm not devastated, but that does stink. It's not like people would be tuning in for the chemistry b/w Ashford and Benson though.

Ehhh. I like Benson, but she's not really growing as an actress. She's stagnating.

• Members

I think Ashley Benson is a wonderful actress and one of the best younger ones DAYS has found in recent times. The problem IMO, cause I kinda agree with you King, is that she has been second fiddle from day one. She was hardly seen when she first came on and then she became second fiddle to Chelsea (completely), then she became second fiddle to Nick which until this Mabby thing came along she never really got out of. Abby hunting after Max isn't that great of a storyline either even though as a couple they work. As the daughter of one of DAYS popular heroines you expect more of a story behind her than what we've been given so far and I think thats why she isn't growing as an actress. I love her though.

• Members

I love Ashley and think she has great potential. They need to give Abby a career. Jennifer worked in the late 80's/early 90's because she was written as a go-getter. She was passionate about social causes and making a difference. Her character wasn't entirely defined by her romance with Jack. Abby is not going to progress as a character just by looking pretty and pining after Max. I would like her to become a reporter like her parents or perhaps go to medical school.

• Members

So true, Ponz. ITA 100%. Actually, Abby needs to become a doctor to continue the Horton trend. She could specialize in a field that would make her eyes glow when she is working and meet really exciting, interesting people (equating to men LOL). Of course, she is still very young and a heavy romance may not be for her yet, even acting one out.

• Members

It's my dream that Abby changes her major from business to medicine. Paging Dr. Deveraux! :D I do not want to see her getting into the journalism field. I don't think Abby would be able to handle reporting. She's not a go-getter like Jack and Jennifer. She's nice and calm. She wouldn't be able to catch a story if her life depended on it. :lol: Medicine is the way to go, Abby!

• Members

I'd been clamoring for Dr Deveraux for ages now. It'd be a great way to bring back the Horton tradition.

Anyway, as for this temp, I checked out the reel on her website and ... not to be judgmental but I'm not unhappy that it's just temporary.

I suppose it does no good what-iffing about the role now, given the 2009 cancellation date.

Archived