OLTL Discussion: Week of March 12th

• Members
Welcome-17-june.gif

TV-02-june.gif Welcome to the One Life to Live Discussion Thread for the week of March 12th, 2007. We have a lot of Hot-02-june.gifstuff coming up this week, so just set back and enjoy. Hope you enjoy your visit and are prepared to discuss the interworkings of Llanview, PA and OLTL. If so, then you're in the right place.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

Enter-01-june.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner off of David Fumero's armpits. But Layla...the actress is as painful to watch as Michell Smith's Ava on GL.

Frank Valentini...keep the skin coming. FV is the new John Conboy, for those of us who remember Snapper and Brad naked throughout the 70s on Y&R.

That's why we watch.

• Members

Layla painful to watch? I completely disagree...she's hot!

Not liking this Tate guy trying to make a move on Adriana - I'm a Adrex fan all the way.

DAVID: "I'll be checking out books to Carlo Hesser" - haha! I found that funnier than the overkilled "I was shooting blanks like Kevin Buchanan." I really like the Dorian/David/Asa storyline and I'm finding David to be much more enjoyable giving his tamed down dialogue.

Interesting Jash developments today -- I'm thinking she wrote Nash down on the card. And he had a great line as to why Antonio is catching onto them: "Because he's not completely stupid." Good observation, Nash!! Afterall, what else should you expect from a DETECTIVE? He DETECTS things for a living.

• Members

Can I just say that TPTB are making one hell of a huge mistake by not getting Tuc/David back on this show permantely, because I LOVED Dorian and David today, its the only way that I can tolerate Dorian. They are so made for each other, and I would love to see them back together and wrecking havoc on Llanview.

For a change, I actually enjoyed the Jess/Nash stuff today. Very emotional stuff.

Didn't understand though the instant friendship between Layla and Cris. But I guess they needed it to make the point of V/T being friends, I guess.

Always enjoy the McBain brothers, sometimes its the only way I can take John.

Bo and Rex are ALWAYS enjoyable, and they always leave me wanting more.

• Members

Can I just say that TPTB are making one hell of a huge mistake by not getting Tuc/David back on this show permantely, because I LOVED Dorian and David today, its the only way that I can tolerate Dorian. They are so made for each other, and I would love to see them back together and wrecking havoc on Llanview.

For a change, I actually enjoyed the Jess/Nash stuff today. Very emotional stuff.

Didn't understand though the instant friendship between Layla and Cris. But I guess they needed it to make the point of V/T being friends, I guess.

Always enjoy the McBain brothers, sometimes its the only way I can take John.

Bo and Rex are ALWAYS enjoyable, and they always leave me wanting more.

• Members

Actually it was "I'll check out self-help books to Carlo Hesser."

But you are right. That was very funny. His scenes with Dorian were great today, and I am loving the fact that they are including Asa in the storyline as well.

• Members

I loved David and Dorian.

I think we are in the midst of a McBoring record. I'll defer to the episode counters, but I believe, as of yesterday, John McBoring has been on every single day for a month.

This show can't get better because in too many ways it stays the same.

• Members

We are now post-sweeps, with what OLTL passed off as sweeps at least.. We've had the glimpse of Nora, the tease of the Viki/Clint/Dorian triangle, the major Manning story, and the requisite expensive stunt.

Now it's back to business as usual. How long before the ratings drop back down to 2.3/2.4 range?

• Members

Todd/Van- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! That was some corny a** dialog. So tired of they saying we are friends so I can buy you a million dollar necklace. LOL they are just boring as hell!!

Chris/Layla- Well if Layla could act I might enjoy them. Loved seeing Chris work out!!! Chris is soooo hot!!!

David/Dorian- I LOVE THEM SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! "I'll give you million $ if you don't rat me out" David makes the sun shine!!!

Jess/Nash- Absolutely amazing!!! Loved them so much yesterday!! Now that is chemistry!!!

Mickey/John- I want to see the brother have a fist fight. I mean they are Irish right? LOL!!!

Tate/Adrianna- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ They are as bad as Todd and Van.

Bo/Rex- I love them. Rex is so good to Matthew!!!

**I need more Nora!!!!**

***Blair's on tomorrow!!!!***

• Members

Sweeps can be significant. It's quality is debatable, but some advertisers still look to the Nielsen system as a metric to a show's popularity, and the rates are calculated every quarter. Some soaps put their 'A' game on during sweeps to increase ratings/earnings - notably GH and Y and R did this time, with the 24-esque Metro explosion and the Who Killed Carmen/reliquary climax. It can be a losing game if the ratings drop back down, where the network has to give airspace to make good on quarentees.

Some soaps ignore them, like DOOL did this time.

OLTL put their major turning point before sweeps - the murder of Spencer. After heating up the arson story, it is now back to simmer. The ski lodge story sounds like it might have been better story than OLTL sweeps.

Well-told stories build, and one can see things coming, regardless of advertising. In the soap world, there are a number who tune in/out based now upon spoilers or word of mouth. Somehow, word did get out for GH and Y and R- both shows had significant increases for sweeps. It's uncertain how much of that increase witll hold - GH appears to have dropped back off quickly.

Archived