Passions to continue as a series of romance novels?

• Members

I don't know about you, but if Passions doesn't move to the internet or cable, I would like to see the stories and characters live on in a completely different format, live novels. I'd love to see a series of novels come out focusing on a certain set of characters (like a Therethan novel, a Shuis novel, a Chad/Vincent novel, etc...), and I'd like James E. Reilly or Alice Alfionsi (the ghostwriter of Hidden Passions) to write it.

A similar thing is happening in the comic book world...Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 8 starts next week...it's the official continuation of Buffy after the series ended, but in comic book form, and written by creator Joss Whedon. I'd love for Passions to continue in a similar way.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they did do a "Buff-esque" type of thing and continue in some sort of written format, I think there would still be closure on the show's part, at least however much JER wants to close things up. When Buffy ended, it was mos def one of the most fantastic series finales ever, very epic like and it closed everthing up.

• Members

Well, it did and it didn't. Buffy didn't end up with Angel like she's supposed to, and she didn't eradicate all evil from the world (like is suggested in Fray the Joss miniseries about the Slayer of the future), but it did wrap up the main thrust of the series, which was the girl power thing, with all the potential Slayers becoming activated.

Archived